1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

''Your nickname''

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SoraDraft, Feb 5, 2015.

1. SoraDraft

SoraDraft Veteran Member

One of the usually questions I ask people when meeting them is: where did you got inspiration for your nickname/what was the inspiration ? . The reason behind this is quite simple I love to hear story's (the more detail you add the better they turn out to be :D )

So let me begin first since I'm ''Op'':

It all began when one of the previous clans that I was a part feel a part and I began to look for individual players.
    I played a random match of Dota 2 and added a random person since they were awesome and friendly I decided to add them. We played more but sadly out of the blue we stopt and it evolved into a friend removal :( . While browsing his profile and commenting why did you remove me, I found a very popular steam group (or more specifically an Anime group), and I joined it as the chat was very active and I did not felt the need to join another comunity/clan for the time being.
    Over the time I became very active, and since I had a not so creative name that originates back from 2003 as Darkslayer,I've decided my name should be changed as i grew sick of it and I was kinda obsessed 'ish' with anime.
    so i looked up on variance websites and found Sora(sky) as the one that I liked the most, later on for rp purposes I looked for surname and since i like to draw a lot I added Drafter.

So hear I am since 2011 as Sora Draft :)

#1 SoraDraft, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. Taskmaster

Taskmaster Konvict Guest

MvC3 / Marvel Comics

3. Pizza Dog

Pizza Dog Pokemon Poster

When I climbed out of Bronze.

I felt Alpha as fuck.

and for some reason I liked cats.

4. Moloch

Moloch Veteran Member

I was always obsessed with weird gods and beings and mythology so I started using my favourites Quetzalcoatl and Moloch as nicks.
    The first place where my nick Moloch appeared was in a 2d shooter game called Soldat around 2003
    I used rodnA as a nick too around that time, which is basically my second first name reversed :D (very creative)

around 2013 I started using Eyjafjallajökull since I study geosciences (geophysics) and I'm fascinated by volcanoes.

5. Nurene

Nurene Konvict Guest

My name originated from the fact that i never really used the internet until i was like 15, i had never had an alias online so i came up with one, apriquote; this became my steam name as many people might know by looking at my url, but i didnt like it enough, so i came up with a new one. I was in my final years of high school (yes) and i had already chosen my major which was biology (my life changed only slightly after that) so i came up with Nurene i like the name and it is never taken because hey who wants a dumb sounding name like that amirite?

6. Tech 4

Tech 4 Banned

When I was 13 thats when I really started surfing the web playing online games etc. I had no idea what to name myself so I asked my brother who was back then a major LOTR fan... Tol Eressëa is a large island off the eastern coast of Aman... so I changed the spelling a little and voilá... Eresea ^^

I have used other names as well in other games but yeah, just names i thought up. :) This is the nickname I've used mostly :)

7. pEoN

pEoN Veteran Member

pEoN :

Back in the days of 1.5 counterstrike an insult that we used to chuck around was "you stupid peon"
    I liked the name so used it.
    the term peon actually means slave and is popularized by blizzards warcraft with the orc pEoNs "work work" "jobs that need doing?" "be happy too"

So annoyingly now I struggle to register my name :(

8. MicroDref

MicroDref Veteran Member

The tale of my name is long and weary so let me shorten it down.
    It started more than 15 years ago with my oldest brother(I have 2 older brothers).
    His best friend at the time was a heavy internet user who dabbled in coding and such, and so my brother did aswell. As you know for many websites you needed a username, back then it was normal on many places that you needed to have a username which consisted of atleast 4 letters, and so they came up with the name "Dref". It's a combination of letters that you see almost nowhere as it is not used in any games/movies/series as a name for a person or a place, also it sounds a bit awkward to pronounce if you're of English descent(I promise you, you are pronouncing it wrong if you're English). So given that this name was available everywhere he soon became known as "Dref". In real life his friends soon began to call him that aswell. And so when I was 9 me and my family moved to a new place, here my brother quickly started being called Dref by his friends and then naturally when they met my other older brother he got called "MiniDref" and guess what, then "MicroDref" came around when I met them. Other than MicroDref I have also been known as Cakie/Cakkie(Or my earliest LoL nickname "Thong Almighty")

Okey I may have failed at shortening it xD

9. Genfaux

Genfaux Konvict Guest

After a nasty episode with somebody I met online originally I didn't want to be associated with my old nickname anymore, I had no inspiration for another name so while I was waiting for inspiration to smack me around I used Genevieve (my middle name) in swtor for my main, and Genev for my Agent.
    Genevieve being a pretty common and awesome fantasy name wasnt available when i switched to GW2, so I stuck to Genev. Around the time I rerolled main, I was waiting to get a kitten, and one of my kitten's siblings was called "Faux" by the people who looked after them, and I loved that and took Genfaux as my new main's name.
    Genev was taken on Twitch (Twitch plz...) so i used Genfaux, and then figured that I should switch to that on Steam as well so that people watching could easily find me, and I then started using it for pretty much everything outside MMOs.

Edit: Is it my imagination or is my text size bigger than everybody else's? /awkward
    Edit2: Huh, editing my post that first time suddenly made my text the same size (or i guess refreshing the page)

#9 Genfaux, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  10. Doddsy

Doddsy I am a wizard.

Zug zug!

OT:

Names Doddsy, been with my since a young lad, its just a variation of my surname, I'm not really creative; I'm more of a stastical, factual kind of guy. My earlier names in some games was a variation of a name with the surname 'Winterblade' back when I used to run a PVP guild in Tibia called 'Zero Degrees'.
    #Sofuckingold

11. Simon

Simon Banned

My name is my nickname.

12. pEoN

pEoN Veteran Member

I see what you did there.

13. Strad

Strad Zie Legend

[​IMG]

Figure out the rest yourselves.
    Name's been with me since 2007.

14. Invasura

Invasura Veteran Member

How i got the nickname Invasura is a long story from World of Warcraft, its a mix mash from other nicknames i had and the final result is Invasura. Also the only one with the name in the entire EU every armory search with the name will result in my alts/mains. So i guess its one of a kind!

15. Bzuk

Bzuk Member

A long time ago, I needed a nickname for an account. I struggeled a lot because every name I tried was already taken.

So as I was sitting there crying my eyes out because the name "CrapIDontKnowAnymore" was also taken, a bee flew in. It sat on my desk and it made this sound with its wings, the buzz that last only a fraction of a second. In our language the word for it is Bzuk.
    I typed the word as my new nickname and voilá, it was accepted. The bee just silently nodded and flew away.

She was there when I was at my lowest. She was my savior. I never saw her again. She is probably in the bee heaven by now.
    I use the name Bzuk to keep her memory alive.

16. Amber

Amber Crèmè de la mèmè // Kim's fangirl

It's my real name >.>

17. Qubycs

Qubycs Veteran Member

Uhh. I am normally being called: "motherf**ker" by my friends, but that's all jokes and stuff. Mah name is Frederik. I am being called Quby here in KG

18. Mytag

Mytag Veteran Member

Back when I was around 10-11 years old I got my first OWN PC and few games from which one was 25 To Life. I really like that game and played it non stop... So there was graffiti tagging system in that game where you could find another gangs tag and spray over it with your own and I was noob back then and didn't knew much about English language so the default tag was MYTAG (duuuh) and I just kept spraying it and spraying it and it looked really nice in that game. So after like a year EA released this game Battlefield Heroes so it was multiplayer game and I had to make myself an account. Couldn't come up with a name so after few mins I just typed in same MYTAG and they didn't let me choose it because it lacked one more letter so I typed in mytag100 and that name was my nickname for like 5 years afterwards until I got more and more mature and just changed it to simple Mytag. That's the story of Mytag who gets really mad and butthurt when people type MyTag...

19. OzrowO

OzrowO Banned

OzrowO came about 8-10 years ago from a great game called RuneScape. Back then I was not the best at English (well it is not much better now) and I loved the movie XXX. Anyways I thought I could be cool like xxx so I came up with the idea of using 000 as my name but because 000 was taken on like every website I modified it. As a result of me not knowing how to spell and my dilemma of 000 being taken I came up with 0-zrow-0 not knowing how to spell zero. Over time the 0's turned into O's and thus OzrowO was born!

20. Sensual

Sensual Veteran Member

I'm just really sexy.