1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your favourite RPG's

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Overdose, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Overdose

Overdose Banned

As we got into a discussion about this between mods it made me realize that people really do feel passionately about there RPG's and why they have their favorites! so tell me what's your top 5 or just your favourite RPG and why!

Mine have to be FF7 (no brainer), Pokemon Blue/Red, Fallout 3, WoW, FF8 (nostalgia factor), Diablo 2 and Skyrim

Most of mine made the list because i played them when i was young which covers Diablo 2, FF8 and Pokemon. I loved everything about Fallout 3 be it killing a entire village with a bomb because i loved being a douchebag character to lurking around in the dark scared out of my mind because i can hear something that sounds like it wants to eat my face somewhere very close to me. WoW is my most played game... Ever.... By a mile so it deserves a place. Skyrim well... I Don't need to explain that one.

Now Final Fantasy 7, my most played single player game and still play it to this date with mods to make it harder ect ect. This game had it all for me, very real solid characters, a grim dirty world polluted by greed of a corrupt money hungry company and a AWESOME storyline. You really do get sucked in by the characters in this game from the moment (SPOLIERS!) Jessi,Biggs and Wedge die (FUCK YOU SHINRA) to when Barrets old best friend dies and the heart crushing moment Aeris dies trying to save the world from the nasty BUT SUPER COOL Sephiroth (still makes me cry more than when Bambi dies...(SPOILERS BAMBI DIES)) you can't stop feeling helplessly sad and actually unhappy for the members of your crew and that's what a real storyline does it sucks you in and makes you feel real emotions for the characters. It is a very complex storyline with allot happening you won't actually notice or realize is happening without a few more plays threw. If you haven't played this game and can look past the graphics pick it up on steam and give it a go.

Anyway i'll shut up about FF7 and the rest of my nerdy love for games and let you guys tell me what RPG's do you enjoy and why!

2. SamSync

SamSync Konvict Guest

When Overdose says we mods had a discussion he means we had a fight to the death and unfortunately Dave is no longer with us.
    Joke.

Oh FF7 how you broke my heart <3
    I didn't have any spoilers so when I certain team-mate get's a sword through the stomach I was kinda upset. Partly because I'd given that person all the best gear and you don't get it back.
    But yeah, great game.

I didn't actually enjoy Skyrim all that much :3
    Kinda missed the sense of direction.

3. MmmMushrooms

MmmMushrooms Unregistered/Unconfirmed

yo mama, I ve been exploring that shit all day !!!, lol sorry

4. Rapidpk

Rapidpk Veteran Member

Oh, RPG's...I think i have played every RPG that came out in the passed 10 years.

My favorites used to be (things changed in the game that make me not like it any more) / are

World of warcraft
    Maplestory
    Runescape
    Silkroad
    Oblivion
    Cabal online
    Aion online [good times..good times, I used to be the best cleric in the server and a part of the best pvp guild in the whole region, was pretty famous back then, Epeen was pretty big..]

Hmm, That's it for my favorites..I probably have more i really liked over the years i just can't remember all of them right now.

I'm currently playing a new mmo that just came to open beta, " Aura Kingdom " Kind of enjoying it :)

5. AL.AN.

AL.AN. Veteran Member

RPGs <3

Here is my list of what I like:
    FF7 and Crisis Core
    FF1 (bit hard,but the story was somewhat lovely)
    Elder Scrolls series
    Fallout Brotherhood of Steel
    Spellforce series

These are the most enjoyable games I have played until now. Hopefully something good will arise in the future :)

6. uncledave40

uncledave40 Veteran Member

I could probably talk about RPG's all night, but I will just list a few games that I found really good for one reason or another.

Final Fantasy 6 and 7 (have some real problems with a lot of the final fantasy's that followed)
    Baldur's Gate
    Fallout 1/2 (haven't played 3 yet so can't really comment)
    Pokemon R/B
    Persona 4
    Kingdom Hearts 1/2
    Neverwinter Nights
    Elder Scrolls: Morrowind/Oblivion and Skyrim
    Vagrent Story
    Chrono Cross/Trigger
    Diablo 1/2

I'm sure there are many I played but didn't mention, but those are the one's that jumped to mind!

7. Vatiox

Vatiox Konvict Guest

Fallout 3, Skyrim, Diablo and for sure Might & Magic, and series of Heroes of Might & Magic!

8. Key

Key Veteran Member

Single Player RPG's

Kingdom Hearts series
    Darksiders series
    Dust an elysian tail
    Saints Row series (Is this RPG?)
    Sleeping Dogs (again RPG?)
    State of Decay
    SPORE (Played this for HOURS HOURS HOURS)

MMORPG's

Lineage 2 (Before free to play)
    Guild Wars series
    DC Universe Online
    Star Wars The Old Republic

That's about my list... might have forgotten some but... yea that's the ones i know out of my head :D

Diablo and stuff like that are for me Hack & Slash so those are not listed

9. Overdose

Overdose Banned

You need to give Fallout 3 a try man it's such a sick game.

10. Buhadog

Buhadog Veteran Member

I've played many awesome RPG games over the past couple of years.
    The best ones are:

Singleplayer:
    Fallout New Vegas (also Fallout 3)
    Skyrim (also Oblivion)
    The Witcher and The Witcher 2 (great story and gameplay)
    Gothic 2
    Neverwinter Nights 2
    Mass Effect Series
    Dragon Age
    King's Bounty Series

11. Blitzdings

Blitzdings Konvict Guest

Ultima Online
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Jumpgate

12. Rapidpk

Rapidpk Veteran Member

omg SPORE! i loved that game!!!

13. Sakura Chan

Sakura Chan Konvict Guest

my top 5 in order are:
    1. FF7. nothing can compare to the story and characters of this game its absolutely perfect and the crisis core spin off adds even more depth to it making it my number 1 by a long way.
    2. Zelda ocarina of time. this was one of my 1st rpgs and will always be one of the greats for me. Not much to the story but the puzzles and bossfights of this game are some of the best ever even by todays standards.
    3. Rogue galaxy. this was a hidden gem that i had heard nothing about and just picked up on a whim, and it turned out to be fucking amazeballs and one of my favourites. Space pirates enough said.
    4. mass effect series. Ok so there was a big fuss about the ending of mass effect but personally i think people overreacted, it was a decent ending nothing amazing but decent so shut up and stop bitching!!!!! the reason this game is in my top 5 is for the gameplay. The galaxy is massive. So much to do between the 3 games and the classes have a wide range of moves that just makes you want to play it all over again with a new class. Also, Garrus is a legend.
    5. Have to put kingdom hearts 2 here. it was such an amazing game and just finetuned and improved everything that was wrong with the 1st one. Really high hopes for kingdom hearts 3!!!

14. Overdose

Overdose Banned

Ahhhh sheet i forgot about Zelda!!!! my inner nerd is killing himself

15. Greenmeister27

Greenmeister27 Konvict Guest

I've got waaaaay too many to mention, but some of the big ones are the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series, Guild Wars, WoW and Guild Wars 2.... so many.

16. Overdose

Overdose Banned

I'm talking about RPG's really not MMORPG's :p

17. Rapidpk

Rapidpk Veteran Member

Oh, damn, Everything i wrote are mmorpgs XD

18. Ravenfield

Ravenfield Konvict Guest

Aion
    Final Fantasy (yes, all of them)
    Skyrim
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Mass Effect
    Diablo 2
    (Guild Wars 1/2)
    TERA
    RF Online and DOMO (Dream of Mirror Online) and many many more

Those are pretty much my favorites, but there are tons of more I've played, not only on pc but on PlayStation too (Baldurs Gate *_*)