1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think about Evolve?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bzuk, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Bzuk

Bzuk Member

Hello, Konvicts.

I saw here that a few of you had a chance to play Evolve during the Alpha testing. From what I've seen the game looks fun with a lot of action going on.
    Still I am not sure whether or not I want to get it. I am worried that it will be fun for a week or two and then become a repetitive grind. So those of you who played it (and the rest of you too of course :) ), what are your feelings about the game?

2. Lalo

Lalo Veteran Member

Loved the game, even though my computer barely could run it. I dont think the game would be as fun after the first month or so. But who knows, they might release huge updates and stuff.
    The humans lose instantly if they dont have really good teamwork imo haha. Fun game to play with a bunch of friends. If it's worth your money, that is for you to decide :).

3. Enrique

Enrique The Lost Cloud

Taking it from my perspectiv:

The game is amazingly well done. The amazing teamworking needed in the game to take on the big and scary monster wandering in the woods. And your team will be put to test, if you are able to take him on. The way you can evolve as the monster is pretty intresting since you pretty much has to feast to gain new levels meaning you get stronger by that.
    To me this game is very enjoyable when I played it during the Alpha. But the full price is NOT something I do like, it's too much personaly. Other than that, I'll steal it whenever it comes on a good sale. Great game indeed, but too much money to spend imo.

4. valentinouno

valentinouno Veteran Member

I'll pick it up as well when it goes on sale, or in general when it's out for a while.
    It would make a great game for us here. The Teamwork is found here at KG :D

5. RekA

RekA Veteran Member

Me and a few others played this at Eurogamer and then we got into the alpha as well and I thought personally it was excellent, even if the alpha test (apart from the unstable servers) so I'm debating heavily on picking it up as soon as it comes out! :)

6. Hector

Hector Technician + Clan Leader
    Staff Member

I've already pre ordered it thumbs up

7. Denair

Denair Member

I quite enjoyed it!

At first I played the Monster and then kept getting it and then felt guilty and started to play as the hunters. I personally enjoyed the play style of the monster myself and then found out that monster players were actually in high demand due to parties of players being unable to have a friend as the monster.

Needless to say this excited me and I started playing none stop Goliath! I can say that out of many, many, many games I can boast of around a 94% win rate as the monster. I didn't really play as the Krakken since I saw him as way too easy to win and cheese with. I got bored one time and went and fought the hunters as the lvl 1 Goliath and still won... did another game where I challenged myself to not stealth once and won yet again.

Needless to say I can't wait for the game to go live and for groups to get some more training in and be able to learn how to take them down.

Worried about repetitiveness? If you play CoD, Battlefield, ANY Moba, MMO, etc, then you shouldn't worry as they are all about the same for doing the same thing over and over :p

8. Bzuk

Bzuk Member

Those are some positive views, thank you guys for sharing, those will be helpful :)

Another of my biggest concerns was that I didn't want to play it alone and I didn't know any people who will play it. But it looks like I might find some people here :)

One more thing about the price that Romeo mentioned.
    The game is on g2a for 34€ instead of the usual 50€. I don't know how that would work though, I never pre-ordered anything from that site.

9. Boston Broiler

Monster op, like if you are smart its so so so easy to evolve! Games really good played it for hours in beta its just really repetitive maybe the final will have more maps.

10. psimon85

psimon85 Member

Yeah I played in the big Alpha...I had a blast even by myself...usually ended up the monster when playing solo (you can only be a hunter when in a group)

The game is fluid and fun, good concept, kind of stalk, hunt, prey.

The monster is fun to evolve and then smash the hunters into the ground...kinda hard to lose though I found, unless you were against a really good group.

The hunters are pretty cool and have a good variety to make each one different. I like the trapper with daisy best though :)

So yeah all in all it seems like a good game...will I pay full price for it on release? Probably not, but when it hits around £20 I likely will.

11. xChosen1

xChosen1 Konvict Guest

I think its worth a play especially with a full group of friends in the TS it can become very entertaining as a casual game. but I think solo it may just become repetitive and price may be a bit high for a game your going to play on your own and get bored of quickly. If you like it though or have friends to play in TS I would give it a chance.