1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted to share... Proud Mom moment :-)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mickie, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Mickie

Mickie Konvict Guest

OK, so for those of you who do not know me, I am the mother of two children. My son is 22 and my daughter is 17. My daughter and son have always been into music and my daughter has been writing lyrics since she was about 10 years old. Below is a link to a song both of my children collaborated on last night. I cannot seem to get the tune out of my head and wanted to share.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l26kaxu1x4ieruc/Gs74wDXf4Q

PS... It was recorded on a iPad mini with Garage Band so it was difficult to get it any other way.

2. Tech 2

Tech 2 Unregistered/Unconfirmed

nice song :D

3. Paz

Paz Clan Leader

Like it. :eek:

4. Yagami

Yagami Veteran Member

Mickie first i must say you must be a seriously cool Mom to have such great children and play Final Fantasy at the same time, not to mention being a mod, for that alone you should be proud of your self.
    As for the song, i really do think it is good, and looking forward for a better sound quality on their next work (do tell em to do more acoustic songs if they like, those really bring the talent in people) and we will be glad to listen to more.

5. Mickie

Mickie Konvict Guest

LOL... Thank you!! If you ask them, they will tell you I am a geek and neither of them play video games :). But I still decided to keep them and allow them to live despite that. LOL... I am kidding :)

They are limited in their recording medium atm. However, they have discussed going to a local studio to record some of Keri's songs.

6. Rapidpk

Rapidpk Veteran Member

She has a great voice :)

7. KuKi

KuKi Veteran Member

I wanna be a cool dad too xD (wheb it comes the time :p)

8. Strad

Strad Zie Legend

You can always blend them if they piss you off.
    I'm preatty damn sorry for my future kids, they'll have a hard time growing up with me :D

9. Mickie

Mickie Konvict Guest

They are too big for the blender...LOL... but thanks for the suggestion :)

I thought that too.... and I raised them listening to marilyn manson , NIN and Zombie... my mother wanted to kill me...LOL

10. Rapidpk

Rapidpk Veteran Member

But they don't game! You have failed as a parent! :p

11. KuKi

KuKi Veteran Member

Mickie u failed in the most important part! Games are needed for evolution! :p

12. Mickie

Mickie Konvict Guest

Oh, but Shift, I did try.... I bought my son a Nintendo 64 years ago along with Mario Brothers and Zelda. Can I tell you that it took him a month to pry the controller out of my hand. LOL... Then years later I bought him an Xbox and confiscated it for my FFXI game :).... I wonder why my kids don't play :)

13. KuKi

KuKi Veteran Member

You are doomed xD btw when i see u online you will have a serious talk with my mom (around same age) and tell her that videgames are good! :p (im as old as your daughter btw. (no puns or jokes intended, just info)