1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turtle Beach and Teamspeak

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by newts, May 4, 2014.

1. newts

newts Veteran Member

Hi guys. Hopefully someone can help me here.

I've bought myself a Turtle Beach Z22 headset yesterday (it was on sale at PC World) and I've had a few problems with it so far. The user guide says that it should just simply be a case of plug in and use with a few changes to the audio settings.

I've set my playback default to my speakers and my default mic to my headset. However, the green bars on the Sound tab next to my microphone don't move when I talk into the headset.

The next problem is when I try to use TS. When I set the input and output of TS to my Turtle Beach headset, it gives me disabled headset/speakers. If I change the output to my speakers, I can use the headset but I can't talk.

Any solutions would be helpful.

2. Hector

Hector Technician + Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Try setting a new mic up in your control pannel with the microphone wizard. Then change your input and output to the new mic. That should fix your problem

3. newts

newts Veteran Member

How would I do that on Windows 8? Only one I've seen is the Speech recognition and that doesn't pick the mic up either.

Edit: Tried it, it still doesn't pick up the microphone.

4. Aries

Aries Veteran Member

if it is plugged into a usb on the front of your computer move it to the back, my brother experiences the same issue fi connected to a front usb, if this fails pm me on the forums and i'll see what i can do.

5. newts

newts Veteran Member

Thanks Rune and Hector.

I've been in touch with the Turtle Beach support and they've told me that it's a problem with the headset. The z22 doesn't work well with the Insel motherboard. I've exchanged for a PX22 and it seems to be so far, so good. Extra £10 but it also means I have a headset that works with my XBOX too.

6. Haradjad

Haradjad Veteran Member

And it means you got that one for a discount too probably.

7. newts

newts Veteran Member

Nah. The Z22 was £50. The PX22 was £60.