1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Crew - Who will play it? Release date 2nd december

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Thomgun, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Thomgun

Thomgun Veteran Member

So another winter is closing in and with it comes a lot of good titles. Far Cry 4, COD and many more of course.
    The crew has been delayed to the (2nd december)

What I would like to ask is if someone has been planning on buying The Crew. It's a really good game if they are living up to the promises. I have been playing during both closed beta and it was very nice for being beta.
    It's not only a car game, I mean. Yes you probably need some kind of interest in car games but this is so much more. It's not just a racetrack and whoever comes 1st is the winner and last is a loser. In this game you can build up a crew with online members, PVP battles, have fun on the track (more or less fool around)

Travel around the coast of U.S and you can of course use trains/aircraft to move from continent to continent as fast travel. There are no loading times on the game. A big variety of customize and personalize your car to almost however you want it to look.

For those who are interested, please reply. I will arrange a crew for KG if people wants to.
    No requirements tho for joining. If no one replies I will form a crew with another group instead.

If anyone got a question about the game I can also provide with answers. I can start with some questions:

Will it be pay to win: They haven't said this out loud yet but they are planning to add some kind of system to buy items in the future. Not sure how much that will affect the game.
    (P2W= You buy online items in the game and get a huge advantage from the ordinary members)

How many players can be online: No limit

Does the game feel like a real racing simulator: (my personal opinion) No. It is build from a casual perspective. And maybe even to the console gen first. But you can remove all help features and of course get a pretty good feeling. However during the beta the gearbox was sloppy when I tried using manual. BUT they will probably fix it.

Can you buy 1 car only and then play with it during the whole game: Yes, you should be able to buy 1 car from start and keep upgrading it to keep up with the rest. This is the words from the producers but yet we have to actually see it to believe it. But the answer is yes

How is the handling: (personal opinion) I have never playing pure car simulator games. NFS and those kind of games only. I think the handling is actually pretty good. There is a different in each car you drive, and you can feel it. A more american muscle is harder to take turns with and more sport cars are easier to turn with but don't share the same power (from start) I've tried all the different cars and I really enjoy nissan 370z and the Camaro SS

Thanks

Videos:
    PVP Battle (crew vs crew) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHG-yKW8bMU
    Pick a car and tuning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0mMnEUSOxw
    Coast to Coast Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibVKyF78RE

2. Bunny

Bunny Veteran Member

Sad no one posted. I will definitely be playing this game a lot, preferably with KG.

3. Venum

Venum Unregistered/Unconfirmed

One of the main things i enjoy in racing games is the physics and feel of the ride, this game lacks it thought it might have been changed after the beta however it wasnt :(

[video=youtube;X2eSJcs6EMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2eSJcs6EMM[/video]

4. Blyth

Blyth Man of Many Blocks

I'm very tempted to buy it, will probably wait for the first round of reviews to come out before I do.

If everything looks hunky dory on release I'll definitely be jumping on it.

A KG crew sounds like a lot of fun ^^

5. Bunny

Bunny Veteran Member

The feel of the driving has been changed a lot now. Since the Perf spec was the only spec that felt great, they copied that spec to all of them and tuned them accordingly.

I've played a shit tonne of the PC beta and I'm absolutely sold. Even with the handling being a bit off.

6. Blyth

Blyth Man of Many Blocks

After watching quite a bit of this series [video=youtube;zCyBWq-wzq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCyBWq-wzq4[/video]
    I have caved and pre-ordered it.

See you on release chaps!

7. MPKaboose

MPKaboose CS:GO Moderator

I really wanted to play this, but I don't think my laptop or my desktop will handle it. Any ideas if there will be a demo or trial so I can try?

8. Blyth

Blyth Man of Many Blocks

There has already been an open Beta but whether there will be a demo version I have no idea.

The System specs Ubi have suggested are:

Minimum system requirements (720p resolution, lowest video settings):
    - Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (64bit)
    - Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz or better; AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHz or better
    - RAM: 4GB
    - Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 or AMD Radeon HD4870 (512MB VRAM with Shader Model 4.0 or higher)

Recommended system requirements (1080p resolution, medium-high video settings, but not ultra):
    - Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (64bit)
    - Processor: Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.66 GHz or better; AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0 GHz or better
    - RAM: 8GB
    - Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 or AMD Radeon HD6870 (1024MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or higher)

9. MPKaboose

MPKaboose CS:GO Moderator

got an Nvidia GT680 2GB and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0Ghz, I think the CPU might be a bottle neck also I suck at comparing hardware xD

10. Necrospunk

Necrospunk Konvict Guest

Looking forward to toasting a glass of vodka and laughing in the background as people pull their hair out with another ubis**t release. ;)

11. Blyth

Blyth Man of Many Blocks

Keep my expectations low, that's how I'm gonna deal with it, hard to disappoint me when I'm not expecting anything (Although I bet it will definitely try)

12. Bunny

Bunny Veteran Member

I played both the betas which were great. It's being developed by people who made Driver: SF and TDU2, so I have faith.

13. Bunny

Bunny Veteran Member

Bought it on Kinguin.net for 32 euros. It's a steal for that price.

14. Blyth

Blyth Man of Many Blocks

Having fun so far

Name is: IBlythx on Uplay thingy, hit me up!

15. Bunny

Bunny Veteran Member

xBunny447 on Uplay bollocks

16. Reborn

Reborn Veteran Member

xReborn2012 on The All Might Uplay

17. Reamer

Reamer Clan Leader

I've got it

18. Valeera

Valeera Konvict Guest

looks cool.
    but im a sucker for car games.
    need for speed WOHO

19. Reamer

Reamer Clan Leader

Im KGReamer on Uplay thing.

Would be good to get a few of us on rolling, will be playing it shortly.