1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The community members favorite games and why!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BioLife, Feb 11, 2015.

1. BioLife

BioLife Member

So I'm a Trial member in this community and i would like to hear the opinion of other people in the community!
    And the topic is... *drum roll please* Your favorite game and why it is your favorite?

Mine is CS:GO. Why?

Well it's a FPS (fav genre) it's also very skill and team bases. So you have to improve and work as a team. It also has a very big competitve scene, and I'm a very competitive person. So i fit in the games enviroment LIKE A GLOVE.

Hope on seeing some unique games and the opinions that you guys have.

Keep on gaming!

Attached Files:

2. Nurene

Nurene Konvict Guest

There are so many innapropriate jokes i could make here :p
    But im just gonna say my favourite game is, The binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    It's ridiculously good and it has so much play time still hidden in it, i have completed about 80% of the gamse and im already 100 hours in.

3. BioLife

BioLife Member

4. Moloch

Moloch Veteran Member

Well this is a really hard question tbh.

Considering time put in:
    1st Dota2 (around 9000 hours)
    reason: it offers almost infinite replayability, has an immense learning curve so you'll always find something new to learn.

2nd Dark Souls 2 /souls series/ (400 hours)
    reason: a really good gameplan idea (the best one i've seen so far), that could've easily made this game one of the best games ever if they gave 2-3 more years to develop it/and had a consisten developer team, hidden, scattered lore that gives the player room to speculate/add their own beliefs to it which is also based on it's predecessors, enjoyably difficult, game basically starts on the 2nd playthrough, the whole game/lore/story idea promotes replaying and fits with the story perfectly. Even though this game has many many flaws i still can't dislike it.

3rd Diablo 2 (700h) mostly nostalgia but anytime I pick this game up I can't seem to get bored of it. A really well made game tbh.

special prize: thyrian 2000
    one of my most memorable childhood experiences. those who played it will know why :D

Honorable mentions:
    Bioshock series, Doom 3, Doom 2, Turok, Blood 2, Duke Nukem 3d, Silent hill 2, Don't Starve RoG, Fallout series, S.T.A.L.K.E.R series, aliens series, bloodrayne, the elder scrolls games, etc.

5. Ympker

Ympker Unregistered/Unconfirmed

Star Wars Battlefront II, League of Legends, Counter-Strike 1.6 and Tibia are the games that made my Gaminglife :)

6. BioLife

BioLife Member

Thank you for your opinions! :cool:

7. Enrique

Enrique The Lost Cloud

Happy I did your app Bio, you are awesome!

One of my favorite games of all time is probably Rumble Fighter.
    The mix of martial arts and amazing competetive feeling into it by being able to do a lot of stuff to conquer the win.

I started playing the game back in 2006-07 when I lived with my dad during the weekends (My parents are divorced). I actually didn't play that much video games back then, I was way into doing parkour and bad boy stuff (lols). But whenever it was the weekends, I went to my dad and started that PC to play some games! The amazing feeling I got from it being one of the first PC games I actually played was very enjoyable. I remember the first time I started the game and I was able to pick from 4 different classes (Alchemist, Striker, Soul Fighter and Elementalist). Back there I was always looking for the strongest one, and therefor I picked the Striker!

I started playing, I was pretty bad and eventually I got better and better and actually became the top 50 best player on the server! Me and my brother was probably the most well known players on the servers, also being one of the best. We were so hyped that we couldn't really wait for weekends! Eventually tho, I was not able to play it for a while. The server was located in USA, so they IP blocked EU to not being able to play the game due all the complains on lags people experienced when playing with europeans. I was pretty sad, and actually pretty mad as well because I had build up such a high position on the game with 500~1k daily players. But with that I eventually went back to play other games like Runescape.

But, after a year of waiting, a european company took up the task of starting an server for Rumble Fighter only for EU. I was so hyped hearing the news it felt like everyday was a month of waiting for it to be released. But, that day came faster than I thought. I actually went to my dad (I think it was a wednesday?) skipped school, and went to sit on the PC to play the day of the release. I sat there and waited to finally get inside and start playing. I picked Striker again and started playing with other people. I actually got to see some of the friends that I made back on the other server I was playing on that also was IP blocked. I was one of the best players on the servers due to my knowledge that I had gathered from the other server and put it to good use to also explore other techniques to be used in the game. There was not a lot to buy tho, and most of the "Scrolls" (The way you fight with your character) and "Exos" (Special super powers like having a laser cannon or turn into a wolf) were actually costing real money. So that made the early stage of the server to be Pay2Win. I finally got enough "Carats" (In game money) to finally buy one of scrolls and got into the competetive scene once more.

But due to that, the server grew with new updates, I went into depression with a lot of stuff going on in my private life and I didn't play the game that often. I still played it from time to time but I was so far behind, so many new stuff was on it and people just kicked my ass whenever I tried to fight back. I wasn't horrible, but by far one of the best atleast. Last year the company who was holding the server for both the NA servers and the EU servers dropped the project and sold Rumble Fighter to another company that would hold it up, both for EU and NA (It's a mix now), but it all went to reset but everybody could still get their gear from the old server.

I still play it from time to time, but my time of "Glory" is over, and I don't really have any feeling to start again.
    Good game, by far one of the greatest I have played. Will forever remember my time I had with it. That's all from me <3

#7 Enrique, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  8. Sensual

Sensual Veteran Member

1 - League
    I dunno, it's just addictive and hella fun !
    2 - Diablo 1 & 2
    There's still no game like as good as Diablo 2, even now i have it installed and i have freely played it over 3k hours.
    3 - Carmageddon (Except TDR 2000 cuz gross)
    Best racing game there is imo, either by racing or just total wreckage it's a a hella fun game.
    4 - Borderlands (series)
    Gorgeous, funny and amazing.

#8 Sensual, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  9. RisingFS

RisingFS Member

Based off the current collection of games , Heroes of the Storm hands down!

1) Team-based? Check.
    2) Breathe of fresh air into an almost saturated gaming genre? Absolutely.
    3) Polished game while still in beta (aka. not "Early Access"). BOOM!
    4) Simplistic while possessing the potential to be an entertaining and competitive e-sport? Double check.
    5) Am I done asking rhetorical questions? Maybe.

Although....I have been known to dabble in Minecraft here and there. Something about co-operative survival and massive creativity with friends is just AWESOME!

10. FirstViking

FirstViking Lord of Calmlands

My favorite would be League of Legends, it's my most played game and it never gets boring. I've always been a fan of team based games and League of Legends is simply a lot of fun to play no matter how much you've already played it you can always improve and learn new things.

Strategy games like Civilization (5) and AoE (2) have always been high up on the list aswell tho. :)

Best FPS game for me... CoD 4.

11. BioLife

BioLife Member

Romeo, I was happy that you had my app aswell :D

And i see alot of diffrent games and genres, very intersting. Only 3 days in the community and i can see how friendly everybody is. :)
    Thank you for your opinions everybody!

12. Veyf

Veyf Member

Easily Dwarf Fortress for me.

It's hard to explain why, it's just something special.

Superb in game lore generation, combat systems, event generation.
    Simulation of oddly specific interactions, while still having no clue on fluid dynamics.
    A glorious inevitable end to every embarkment. You just never know how or when it will strike.

[​IMG]

13. Evar

Evar Member

Ooh, final fantasy 9 and 10 (could never decide which was best) for console, and world of warcraft (vanilla through to wotlk) for pc.

14. Wonderbear

Wonderbear Veteran Member

Elder scrolls 4 oblivion.

Why? Well, when it came out it was a total revolution in both gameplay and graphics. And i have like 500+ hours played. Mostly because i had no internet lol.

15. elena197

elena197 Member

For me it has to be the Elder Scrolls series, probably Morrowind gets the top spot, purely cos it was a time in my life where I was playing games the most, I was lost in that game for endless hours, exploring, finding new things, adding in mods, role playing. That game had everything.

For other genres:

FPS: Deus Ex - incredible storyline, if you haven't played it, try it.
    Online: Guildwars 1 - so many memories

16. JordanSOMNERD

JordanSOMNERD Veteran Member

Diablo 3, I can pick it up whenever and play it for as long or as short as I want, I can play competitively or play with clan members and I enjoy the constant progression!

17. Strad

Strad Zie Legend

Currently I'm hyped with NBA2k15, but my favourite games ever are APB: Reloaded (the game it all started with for me) and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - simply best team shooter ever.

18. Rolexx

Rolexx Mr Cloud

Favourite FPS: Moh:AA for sure, still play it time to time, I'd suggest if people love ww2 FPS games, check that one out, it's old but gold! Moba: LoL, played it since the beta, achieved Diamond and quit, not really interested in playing that game anymore, got sick of it after a while. MMO: Runescape, it's a classic, love how the game works, and the PKing system is really fun.2nd is Silkroad, just gotta add that to the list, even though it's ruined by botters now, back in the days it was the best ''good graphic mmo'' out there(around the time WoW just came out) the job system on that game is what really got me playing, hiding in a spot just waiting for traders to come walking by and then hunt them down, the excitement, it was amazing, had alot of fun playing that game!

#18 Rolexx, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  19. Evanss

Evanss Member

It's hard for me because I like so many different genre's,

MMO - WoW - I've been playing on and off since WotLK and the game is brilliant!
    Moba - Hots
    FPS - Tom Clancy's Vegas 2
    RPG - Fallout series, or Oblivion
    3rd Person Shooter - Hitman

There's too many for me to carry on...

20. Ethrealin

Ethrealin Veteran Member

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is probably the best RPG ever made. I would've put Mass Effect on a par with KOTOR, but these are too different to compare.