1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super mega lifestyle change time!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bethie, May 14, 2014.

1. Bethie

Bethie Veteran Member

Hiii!
    So earlier in the year I gave up smoking and stuck to it.
    This time it's diet! Any of you have knowledge in good low calorie diet plans as I know some of you are the fitness types regardless of gaming (new diet will be forwarded for analysing to anyone who asks for it in PM).

Basically:
    1, how do you guys and girls manage to keep up to date with your water intake of the recommended 1.5-3 litres a day?
    2, how do you find motivation to work out?
    3, how do you keep morale up when you know your going to be hungry/on lower than usual blood sugar levels?
    4, any recommended vitamins/supplements that I should look into?

Anyone who see's me on teamspeak remind me to drink water please (within reason per day).

Wish me luck!

(Big congrats to Pool who made me more motivated with the idea of a diet plan after his recent success!)

2. Aerobie

Aerobie Veteran Member

I don't need motivation to work out (for me running mostly)
    it is something that should be fun and feel good!
    and yes, in the beginning it's not. but, it'll change overtime. #believe

I'm not that experienced with diets and stuff, but in my opinion you don't need a diet.
    just watch what you eat. and get into a habit of not eating late before you go to sleep for example.
    cause that are the pounds you wake up to in the morning xD

in my opinion you rather burn calories than not eat them
    but, I'm that kind of person that can eat 3 dishes and not gain weight at all.

remember it's a long term thing
    Good Luck!

3. Hector

Hector Technician + Clan Leader
    Staff Member

good luck beth!!!!!

4. Azarela

Azarela Master Apprentice of Potatoes
    Staff Member

Do know a lot on this manner since that's pretty much a bit part of my degree but whatever you do in short don't cut your calories down to silly amounts, eat healthier instead and exercise with it.

The form of exercise can vary and is best to do something you enjoy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

5. Necrospunk

Necrospunk Konvict Guest

Felt like chipping in since I've dropped 20 kg since January. What I did is lo-carb with tiny focus on exercise. Kept carbs to 20g max on weekdays, 60g in weekends. Began with a 3 day fast to induce ketosis. From there til March I managed to lose the 20 excess kilos by just keeping that rhythm, getting fiber from lo-carb bread and all dem vitamins from eggs etc.

I quit the diet after march and I haven't gained anything back even though I'm eating utterly questionable things at times. I plan on doing a similar thing starting next week until mid-June to see if I could grab another 10 kg off.

6. Tech 2

Tech 2 Unregistered/Unconfirmed

the 1.5-3 litres a day is bullshit. drink when you're thirsty but drink water.

asking myself the same question but i can tell you running is the worst you can do, swimming is the best :)

when on a diet i just had carrots peeled with a bit of lemon over them in the fridge and when i wanted a cookie or anything i took that

If your doctor doesn't say you need them, don't take them. they are otherwise indeed just wasted.

Also the longer you hang in there the better it becomes, musles burn more calories.
    Beth i don't mind trying this with you online :) might proove difficult but i guess any help is good.

7. Tech 2

I'm sorry but paleo is one of the worst you can do, excluding foodgroups is not right. and yes it seems like a good start because you lose weight fast. But that's a really hard one to then maintain. it fluxuates like no tomorrow. You sir necro are lucky it stays that way (for now). Ketosis makes you smell for the first week aswell :p i think it's amonia smell you get and you can't wash it off. So be sure to start that in a vacation period if you do...

8. Ravey

Ravey Here to Help :)

I can give you some advice on improving yourself chick if you give me a shout on TS next time you see me. I'm a lifestyle coach, and I have a load of info I can pass on to you for living a healthy lifestyle :)

9. Bethie

Bethie Veteran Member

I worked out 1,400 calories a day with a non activeish lifestyle will give me a healthy weekly weightloss with little exercise as I can only really do yoga and weights.

I'm eating a good if a little low rate of carbs and fat but mostly protein is my biggest intake.

Sugar intake from fresh fruit maybe something I should keep an eye out for.

Breakfast was really good, porridge with strawberries and blueberries, noms!

Thanks for all the info everyone!

@Aerobie, I think you and me have viewed active lifestyles differently. Where it comes easy for you, it certainly doesn't for me when iv only worked office jobs, come home tired, gamed, then had no effort for anything else. I want this to become second nature for me and something I don't have to think about. So initially I need find my own motivation!

@Hector Thankyou! :D

@Azarela Do you mind if I ask you stupid questions in the future that pop up into my head about nutrition/calorie burning?

@Necro I heard cutting out a food group was bad as diets are something you need to sculpt at first then you maintain over a long amount of time and cutting out carbs can not be sustained? As you are on a low carb diet I don't know how that works in regards to your body. But hey if it worked for you then congrats :D

@K.... someone. (sorry, tired!) But how do carrots help sugar need? I don't know much about their sustain in sugar levels.

@Ravey Aren't you a coach for herbalife meal replacement things?

10. Tech 2

you mean Kwinno, beth and yes i am a sugar tooth :p
    but eating something else helps aswell and after a while you get used to it

11. Bethie

Bethie Veteran Member

I misread. Sorry! Edited it haha

12. Tech 2

to answer your question, you SHOULD get enough sugar from orange juice and any other "healthy" things. you would be suprised how much sugar our food contains

Also what i did is: I could have 1 cookie a day (usually around 4) like one of those grain cookies but still a cookie
    It helps you hang in there :) because just cutting it all out makes you crave for them more

13. Sensual

Sensual Veteran Member

If you're having a more relaxed day per example playing league or smth, drink a glass of water in between games. On meals as well, since you want to lose weight i'm assuming?
    Just think that it's for your good shape, for your better future, that should be enough motivation to keep you going and while you're working out listen to your fav music and such, keeps you from turning away from it.
    Distract yourself, and to kinda "fool" that feeling, get some tasty low carb sweets, or you can make them yo
    If you eat a piece or two of fruit daily you won't need any of this, just don't eat always the same fruit, switch in between oranges, apples, pears, bananas and so on.

1 tip, never make yourself starve, that's the worst thing you can do to lose weight.
    If you need anything else, more than glad to help, i've also been through this kinda stuff.

14. Tech 2

Drinking while having a meal is actually worse than drink it after

15. Sensual

Sensual Veteran Member

It's even better to drink it before so you don't eat so much.

And i didn't mean to drink it while eating, just do as you prefer

16. Tech 2

true dat! also SOUP is a good idea before a meal.
    get a 500g bag of chopped veggies, throw in some water and stock and good to go! it reduces your appetite for your main course.

17. Sensual

Sensual Veteran Member

And it tastes hella good.

Except those "pasty" soups, noone really likes that. They just pretend to.

In fact one of my friends lost around 40Kgs by eating almost only soup.
    Not that i think it's right, but god dayum.

18. Bethie

Bethie Veteran Member

I'm going for fresh veg soup for lunch, like the chunky type cos it apparently keeps you fuller for longer!

19. Bethie

Bethie Veteran Member

Also it's more trying to maintain a good lifestyle but at the start overhaul everything then adjust as I go to fit a normal day to day routine without having to calorie count in the future.

20. Bethie

Bethie Veteran Member

Kwinno is offering to help out by doing this with me :D awwwh yeaaahh!