1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regarding Teamspeak

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CrazyLamer, Sep 13, 2014.

1. CrazyLamer

CrazyLamer Member

I'll just start off with saying that im not sure if im allowed to do this here but i'll have to ask somehow.

As everyone knows, a server can crash anytime and sometimes it's an easy fix and sometimes it's a bigger problem and takes time to fix and it can happen anytime, during the night, during the day, the exact same time you are thinking you are going to play something and the teamspeak server is just down.

Well i have one temporary solution, i happen to own a server, 2x Xeon 2.33ghz Quad-Core cpu, 8gb 1333mhz Ram, 100/100 mbit broadband fiber optics connection.
    And so far i've just had like 6-7 friends on it and i think it's a waste for just that so i was thinking of maybe having it as an backup server for KG, maybe it can be of use or maybe not but i haven't hade enough people to actually make an stress test so i can see it really handles atleast all of us that is usually on TS daily.

I've spoken to an officer about it and i'll hopefully get some answers soon if they think it's an good idea or not.

I'd like to hear everyones thought about this and when and IF the Officers and Mods think this is an good idea i'd really need some volunteers to hop on my server and make a quality check for the sound quality, lag and stuff like that.

As a side note, im not looking for fame, special treatment or anything.
    I'd just like to help with whatever i can, and i thought a backup server might be an good idea since i already have a server that is barely being used, and it doesn't make any different to me what it's being used for but it's a waste of resources to just let it lie around collecting dust.

Eventually i might want to put up some game servers aswell, but i have no idea what games as of yet.

Let me know what everyone of you think about this, and please leave a comment.

2. Semtex

Semtex Veteran Member

its a license issue for the size we would need but i can talk to you on ts about it next time im on mate

3. Ario

Ario Veteran Member

This is a great idea. But if we manage to set it up that is.

4. CrazyLamer

CrazyLamer Member

Oh forgot to mention, me and my neighbor have a license since before with 512 slots and 10 virtual servers ^_^

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

And ofc, the server is already up and running, since im using it for private purpose as of now since i have friends on it from time to time.
    The only thing left is stress test to fill it up with as much people we can, IF the officers and mods thinks it's an good idea as a backup plan ofc.

Let's wait and see ^_^

5. FlashMonster

FlashMonster Veteran Member

a backup plan never hurt anyone imo it sounds great incase the ts goes down