1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recruitment recognition......

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Autopops (Tosspot), May 7, 2014.

1. Autopops (Tosspot)

Autopops (Tosspot) Unregistered/Unconfirmed

I'd like to propose a change,

I'm finding that the way which we assign peoples apps to posts in a forum a little bit tedious and long winded but i think the idea and the drive behind it is the right thing to do, so my thoughts are more around how we could improve this process.

What i would like to propose if at all possible;

on the application forms have a section which clearly says something along the lines of

" If a member of Konvict recruited you please can you select their name from the drop down menu to the right "

to the right of this text there would be a drop down box, which would contain the names of trial members and above (it would be great if the function of pressing a letter on your keyboard zoned into the user name at this point)

if their could then be an active count which is displayed on all users profiles this would be great.

Even if the user that has applied does not pass trial i still think recognizing the efforts into getting another user into the community is important.
    If this means we need to maybe increase the amount of users before medals, lets have a think about that.
    We have a forum full of recognition at the moment, so it would be easy for us to generate some statistics of pass and fail ratio and modify the medal counts accordingly.

Not to sure about the flexibility of the forum, but im sure kwinno, bullseye or ISY would be able to advise.

more than willing to help in any way I can

anyone got any thoughts on this please post below

AutoPops

2. ShadowMuppet

ShadowMuppet Banned

What he said +1

3. Ario

Ario Veteran Member

This could be useful, but not sure can it be implemented into the current version of the forum.

4. ISY

ISY Banned

It can be implemented, in it's own way It's already built in under Referral system upon registration, although i do understand your meaning, once this passes through the officers and what not i'll see what i can find / concoct

//ISY

5. Tech 2

Tech 2 Unregistered/Unconfirmed

you have a go ISY feel free to find something :)

6. Bethie

Bethie Veteran Member

I recruit mainly through facebook. They don't generally know my forum name from the start.
    However I do like the idea!

7. LaurenJuliet

LaurenJuliet Clan Leader-Leader
    Staff Member

I really like the idea. Good thinking.

8. Strad

Strad Zie Legend

Imagine that dropdown menu with 1000+ names on it lol.
    The idea of recognition for the effort, it's nice... i guess.

9. Autopops (Tosspot)

Autopops (Tosspot) Unregistered/Unconfirmed

Hence the ability to use your keyboard to find the name, also the other option would be similar to how the PM system works, where it would auto fill the field after typing a few letters.

Thanks for the input strad well spotted!

10. Strad

Strad Zie Legend

It'd rather have to be an autofill box, because even if you e.g. press "A" as first letter in the dropdown, you'd still get loads of results.
    IMO it'd be good if you had a possibility to just be redirected to the member list like this one here (without guests though), which would open in a new tab.
    Code:
    http://www.konvictgaming.com/memberlist.php
    Autofill however seems to be the best sollution I can think of now.