1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about buying a PC

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by deipoo, Nov 4, 2013.

1. deipoo

deipoo Veteran Member

Hey guys, I am in need of a new decent PC, but as I am currently studying in a university it has to be affordable aswell. So I came here to ask you the experts on gaming rigs, where to buy a PC which has a good ratio as to what you get for what u pay for if that made any sense. I will be eagerly waiting for some suggestions.

Yours truly,

deipoo

2. SMEEG-92

SMEEG-92 Veteran Member

why dont u buy one from a catalog like i did then its defo affordable may i suggest littlewoods i bought an a4 amd quad proceesor zoostorm p.c on board graphics came with 4 gb ram and moniter keyboard and mouse. ? payed like 300 to 380 gbp for it

3. SMEEG-92

SMEEG-92 Veteran Member

it came with a pre installed copy of windows 8 too its well worth it. :cool:

4. KuKi

KuKi Veteran Member

It depends on how much you can stretch your money and how much you want to spend... I spent 870€ in my computer BUT it will last a good while :) dont buy cheap if you can buy better...

5. SMEEG-92

SMEEG-92 Veteran Member

true

6. deipoo

deipoo Veteran Member

Could you guys recommend me a couple of PC`s my currrent price range is around 350-450 euros. Thanks in advance.

7. KuKi

KuKi Veteran Member

What games do you think on running?

8. deipoo

deipoo Veteran Member

Any games that I possibly run, online mostly cs:go, day z, ISS CoD, Nether, etc. ANd also all of the new singleplayer, and multiplayer games.

9. KuKi

KuKi Veteran Member

With that price range i doubt you can run any new games.. Ill try to make a build as soon as i can with that range

10. deipoo

deipoo Veteran Member

Okay I appreciate it, I would if I could get something in that price range for now, and maybe add better parts to it later if that is possible :)

11. Spikey

Spikey Konvict Guest

You will find that you can run most games on low end PC's from Core 2 Quad upwards, but on low settings of course. Most games don't rely on the CPU most of the time unless the developers need the CPU to render particles in games which is simple of course. You can go low end on your CPU, Quad core would suffice, so maybe an i3 or i5. Then you can stretch your legs with the Graphics cards. Im not sure how much hardware costs in Europe, but I think it might be difficult getting a good system for the prices mentioned. Maybe if someone was selling a good computer second hand you could get for that price.

12. Perringtonbear

Perringtonbear Konvict Guest

Yea spikeys right, the prosesser doesn't need to be the best. But if you wanna play games at a decent fps you will need a fairly good graphics card, for ram you don't need tones, 4gb will do. As for power supply don't cheap out on some unknown brand. It's what runs the PC and if it's not a good power supply you danger damaging the rest of your components. ( get one with higher watts )

13. KuKi

KuKi Veteran Member

Deipoo were are you from?