1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible PVP Minecraft side to Konvict Gaming ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bobbins, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Bobbins

Bobbins Veteran Member

Me and Shorty discussed this at length when we was attending Gamescom this year and we both agreed that if more and more people from our community could back this up then it could have real potential. There are loads of ideas that can be shared and created around Minecraft that could be fun for all of us konvicts.
    Please post opinions :)
    Thank you -
    Bobbins

2. Shorty

Shorty Grand Wizard

It also could be another thing hosted on Sem's dedi he has. We could have the existing server as well as a PvP one on the side which we could actively recruit from. We could do different events and maps with the members and what not.

3. Byfs

Byfs Konvict Guest

Minecraft and pvp?? All i picture is guys running around with wooden shovels running around killing pigs

4. Bobbins

Bobbins Veteran Member

That would not be PVP if you are killing pigs ...

5. Blyth

Blyth Man of Many Blocks

A possibility, Goat and Lauren usually PVP around with their stream viewers and it can be good fun. Definitely should look into it. As far as the clan survival/build server goes that is really up to Matt with regard to the active recruitment thing, we treat it as a chill out game.

6. Shorty

Shorty Grand Wizard

I just think we would get a pretty huge MC side :p Plus you should see how much the big servers have on them, would get a hefty amount of new members coming in.

7. Hellgast

Hellgast Veteran Member

I used to play a lot of minecraft PvP, it's fun. I also had a MC server (not anymore).
    I'de be sure to tune in if there would be made a MC PvP part in the clan .

8. Semtex

Semtex Veteran Member

Will have to wait till dedi is set up
    Kg cost me £200 yesterday in servers
    After that we can talk about it

9. Semtex

Semtex Veteran Member

The dedi box hoping the servers we want I can get will save me about £80 a month

10. Shorty

Shorty Grand Wizard

That would be good, with MC you can set up different ranks and you could have people donate to the server for like a special rank on the server.

11. Tech 2

Tech 2 Unregistered/Unconfirmed

dedi's to run minecraft are expensive as fuck don't expect to be running game servers and minecraft on the same dedi
    it whores memory like no tomorrow, depends obviously on the amount of people and how spread out they are.

I've helped run a minecraft server for 2 years and it's A alot of work to keep people interested (can't do the same thing over and over) and B it's costy. Willing to sit in on the discussion though

EDIT: missed your last post shorty, willing to do permissions for the minecraft server it's XML and LOADS of fun -.- basically each plugin can allow different user groups to do different things
    (like cooldown on homes or multiple homes or teleporting etc etc)

12. Goát

Goát Konvict Guest

Hey Guys,

As some of you know Lauren and I play and stream a lot of Minecraft at present. To the extent that I have currently started (mid way) making a pvp server. I am hosting it off my PC for now as it's not fully built yet. We have also built a lot on the clan server (Matt's) and played some of the PVP servers out there.

From this I have gathered info that for a start. TONS of people play Minecraft (as we already knew) and tons of people watch Minecraft. Lauren has gathered 400 followers in a couple of weeks and I have nearly 100 also just from Minecraft pretty much. Also it's worth noting we have been working 55 hour weeks so we haven't really had the time to stream/build/play.

Anyway the point of all my jumble is that I believe Minecraft PVP on within our clan a bit more officially will definitely bring us members. My server has got a easy 6-15 players when we are on and I left it running alone and had players staying on it. It's barely built yet!

I think we would need to work out some plans for this though. Do we build our own PVP server? As in a big one with a spawn and a few maps/game types etc or do we just in force play other servers flying the flag?

Either way I'm happy to help as much as possible and if my map is required I don't mind it being used once it's finished.

So keep thinking and you have my support!

Goát