1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Build

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by OMNI, Dec 14, 2014.

1. OMNI

OMNI Veteran Member

2. tranCe-addiCted

Hello,

IMO, this setup would be a total waste of your money. What is your maximum budget, what resolution are you gonna play games on? Give me some info and I will make u a config that is much better then what u have there.

3. Hexel

Hexel Member

First of all, 16Gb of RAM is total waste of money. Go for 8Gb Kingston HyperX and you´ll be fine.
    Switch processor to Intel, better quality-price ratio nowadays.
    My opinions as a starter :)

4. Hellsbadass

Hellsbadass Veteran Member

Honestly, I recommend you compare all the items with other items that you can get at the same price or maybe even cheaper. Read reviews on different sites before you make a decision. I bought a dedicated server which I was paying $250 a month for, but I figured a way that would save me a lot of money after comparing the items with other items. Did you just pick out an item? Or do you know 100% that's good enough for your desired build?

I compared AMD FX 9590 with an Intel Core i7, check this out: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-vs-AMD-FX-9590

It's a little bit more expensive than the AMD FX 9590, but honestly... This thingy wingy does the thing :)

5. tranCe-addiCted

First of all, if your system is aimed for gaming, there is no point for an i7, really, you can't find even a single point, an i5 is MUCH more better and you can spend the difference between i7-i5 on GPU or on a SSD

6. OMNI

OMNI Veteran Member

For those who don't know, I do a lot of graphic work and work from home. The build itself is for higher performance without going crazy like my last one that I mad a a joke with 32gb of RAM... The most RAM ever possibly could be used (theoretically) is 11gb of RAM.. 8 gbs would be a joke for as much alpha and beta testing I do.

I didn't randomly select, I focused on creating a pc that would perform at home and IF i were to bring to a LAN event or was asked to design a LAN tower, to test the chassie. I've made a pc that can play any game on market for $600 just as a LAN setup, $550 if this case is as good as the reviews put it... using AMD vs intel due to the fact that I don't need the intel processing power since this computer will be out of date in 2 years and I'll be building another one.... the MB is a must due to needing the AM3+ Socket AND the 220 I need for the processor.

Right now I am 900 under spending amount since I'm only getting 1 of those graphics cards and haven't put the liquid cooling I need in it (since I can build and rework later with the LC system.)

Don't need an SSD since even though they run cooler and more proficiently, the performance difference is so small that right now, not worried about it since I already have a HD and the OS installed from my current.

Once again, there is no budget. The goal is to create a high performance PC that isn't overkill (ex: 32 or 64 gb of Rapid memory or an Intel i7 Processor for a tower.)

7. tranCe-addiCted

Well, that video card, the R7 is quite bad imo, especially considering the fact that you would need some processing power from it too. If you have the $$$ for, I would greatly suggest R9 280x which is a great videocard for its price.

8. OMNI

OMNI Veteran Member

The thing is though is the R9 is compatible with the MB if im not mistaken

9. Venum

Venum Unregistered/Unconfirmed

If your going for a "high performance pc" i wouldnt scrimp on the gpu.

This cost me £700
    Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 Red LED Mid-Tower Gaming Case

CPU: INTEL® Core™ i5-4690K Quad Core 3.50 GHz 6MB Cache LGA1150 + HD Graphics ***Overclockable XXX***

Cooling Fan: Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-SLI INTEL Z97 Chipset, ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, 7.1 HD Audio, HDMI,
    GbLAN,USB 3.0, SATA-III, 1x Gen2 PCIe x16, 1x Gen2 PCIe x8, 3x Gen2 PCIe x1, & 2x PCI

Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3/1600mhz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX w/Heat Spreader)

Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 280x 3GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Single Card)

Power Supply Upgrade: 750 Watts Power Supplies (Corsair 750 Watts CX750M Modular Gaming Power Supply,

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)

Since this i have added more fans to cool it and crossfired the gpu.

10. OMNI

OMNI Veteran Member

quad core 3.6 hz vs 8 core 4.7hz... lolz ;)

11. Kelfaur

Kelfaur Veteran Member

Here's my new system. :)

http://valid.x86.fr/cs3ehg

Intel have proven numerous times core count doesn't mean better performance, don't forget a lot of games aren't multi-threaded. You'd be way better off with a decent i5.

I just upgraded from an FX 8350 and 2x 7970s. The 9590 is a waste of money, you can get the same results from an 8350 with a good cooler, PSU and a little overclocking. The PSU is also overkill, you don't need 1000watts for such an underpowered system, a 600watt would be ample. Get a decent PSU for $100, and throw another $100 at the GPU.

12. OMNI

OMNI Veteran Member

I'll create an intel build and post it for people to see the difference.
    as for the power supply, its to make sure the "what if" situations are neutralized. 600 would be fine for a budget pc that is ment purely for gaming. But the MB and powersupply are the 2 items with form factors that I do not want to change out in a couple years were as my CPU/GPU/etc can be. And the ultimate goal is to have a liquid cooling system installed so the 1000 watts leaves some cushioning space for anything extra added on at a later time. outside of the CPU, the power supply is the only thing I am over doing on this build.

13. OMNI

OMNI Veteran Member

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ltzMatthew/saved/G6N2FT

14. Venum

Venum Unregistered/Unconfirmed

i didnt say it was better, however i did also have a budget since i prio my pennies on my family. "lolz"

15. tranCe-addiCted

@ltzMatthew The new system looks A LOT better then what you previously thought of... I love that you put the 970 in there, that card is a BEAST, and paired up with the i7-5820k, this machine is gonna be a killer. Considering you're getting a watercooler for the CPU, you will be able to OC the CPU by atleast 15-20% and still be VERY VERY SAFE. Another thing if you wanna sqeeze even more power, would be to buy a waterblock for the GPU, and you can overclock that a bit too. With this system and some minor OC here and there, I can't see any reasons why you won't be able to game on a 4k resolution with ULTRA settings :D

Also, on a sidenote, I can't say anything about the DDR4 ram as I haven't gotten my hands on any of those, but I saw that they are quite expensive...

16. Kelfaur

Kelfaur Veteran Member

Really nice build. You could save $100+ if you go for something like an i5 4690 which would easily be enough for a 970, but if you can afford the 5820 then why not. I have the 5820 running stable at 4.5ghz on a Corsair H90 and temps peak about 70C.

17. OMNI

OMNI Veteran Member

Depending on what's out, I'm probably going Intel to do my monitor justice. Then eventually getting a ssd setup.
    as for the liquid cooling, should I be paying attention to anything other than form factor?

18. tranCe-addiCted

Regarding liquid cooling, you need to have a pretty powerfull pump that can deliver the water in through the tubing... Other then that, you should watch some youtube clips about installing a water cooling system. Most of them have some good tips and tricks and stuff that you should look at and pay attention to. As for SSD's I strongly recommend either Intel 530 or Samsung 840, because these are the most reliable and have the longest life expentancy from almost all the other SSDs, capping at around 1+ Petabytes of data transfers.

19. OMNI

OMNI Veteran Member

The Samsung 840 is actually the one I was thinking of getting.