1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Path Of Exile

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TheNumbers, Sep 19, 2013.

1. TheNumbers

TheNumbers Can you count Suckas!

I was just wondering how many people have heard or have played this game its a free rpg mmo great fun and most players rate it around 20x better than diablo!
    http://www.pathofexile.com/

TheNumbers

2. Yagami

Yagami Veteran Member

You know why i will say Diablo is 20x better than PoE for me?
    I saw PoE thought it was sol and wanted to give it a try
    Diablo 3 took me a day to download and play
    PoE took me a month wanna know why? because their launcher has this stupid option that it needs to check your hard drive before it downloads every time so it alone takes at least an hour each time.
    When i finally got the game, it turned out that i needed to pay for almost everything i wanted to do, heck even armor sets coast money, I cant afford that nor i want to!!!
    In diablo at least i can farm and do everything that is to do in the game just after buying it even if it has it's flaws (that are gonna be fixed by march 2014)
    But the major down point was in fact that download thing... Still the game does look solid for that i agree.

3. TheNumbers

PoE is f2p you don't need to pay for armor at all in fact and that is just your pc then as mine is perfectly fine with the launcher, the only thing money wise that effects in game is bank tabs atm you cant pay for armor or weapons using irl money.

4. Mr Bendiix

Mr Bendiix Veteran Member

Your statement is wrong in this post. u cant buy armor or anything like that. only like weapon glows and helmet skins stuff like that you cant buy anything that gives u power. so u dont have to buy anything its free to play and far from pay 2 win. on the other hand diablo requires u to buy gear on AH and if u dont sit on a ton of gold u need to buy it from the Real money auction house making diablo more pay to win then anything els.

PoE is a fun game, i just got tired of it, played it to much, so yeah, im back in D3 atm and im enjoying is a lot.

5. Strad

Strad Zie Legend

played for 30 minutes, turned it off, uninstalled and never installed it back.

6. Mr Bendiix

Mr Bendiix Veteran Member

PoE is very slow and boring in the start, u need to at around lvl 25 or so before the game picks up and becomes fun.

7. Xi41

Xi41 Veteran Member

I must say that PoE has been the closest thing to the original Diablo 2 that I've found.

-The skill system is rewarding as it allows for a lot of flexibility.
    -It is quite dark and shocking at times in terms of content ala act 3.
    -Unlike Diablo 3 you actually get good items often whilst playing which in return keeps dangling a carrot infront of you, where as in Diablo 3 you hardly wear the gear you find yourself.
    -The economic system is amazing because there is no gold in the game, so everything works on a barter system. There are items which drop which you use to craft items with or improve current ones and they have thus become a currency. It is quite complex to understand for a new person, but once you get the hang of it, it is amazing. The best items in the game are crafted and not dropped
    -End game is very unique as it revolves around crafting maps. These maps can have modifiers such as +loot, +monsters +loot etc. You then use these to open up a portal to a randomly generated area with an end boss and farm that. It's a lot of fun as it is not as repetitive as other hack 'n slashes.
    -It is also free to play and is supported by likely one of the most fair systems in a f2p game. Most the items you can get are cosmetic - cool helmet effects, alternate skill effects, weapon glows etc.
    Character and stash tabs are also sold, however the number you start off with is VERY generous and you could play without buying any if you don't want to spend real cash.

Personally it was an amazing game that kept me entertained for quite a while and as such I supported it by buying more stash space and some cosmetic items - still haven't reached the character limit and I have 12 characters at the moment. I would definitely recommend playing this.

I am looking forward to the Diablo 3 expansion as it's taken the end game idea from PoE with their random farm levels and now with the removal of the AH, Diablo 3 will once again return to its roots and become a better hack and slash than PoE in my opinion, but for now, play some PoE and enjoy it.

In an unrelated matter, Bendix, Deathgin and I have started playing Diablo 3 regularly in anticipation for the expansion (hellfire rings farming+paragon leveling). So by all means join us in a channel and come play ;)

8. Yagami

Yagami Veteran Member

not to defend any of both games both are good.
    But to clarify, you do not need to by gear from the AH in diablo it certainly is an easy way to get to the end game, i know cuz i never bought gold and found most of my own gear.
    By armor i meant the helmets and stuff because again the game was too painful to install for me to enjoy.
    As for the launcher, sure you may say it's my pc, but if you implement an old file allocation algorithm that does something that looks like defrag and it does it everytime you exit the launcher, it kinda becomes painful at a certain point, and unless you have a state of the art Sata/SSD you will notice the time it takes just to download, add to that slow Internet and that will damper the fun factor.
    Like I said PoE still la solid game, just not for everyone to enjoy.

9. TheNumbers

Well if you guys wanna play sometimes why not leave your handle here and we can team up and you can help me level up ;)

10. Key

Key Veteran Member

I never actually tried the game... It looked intreseting... just never downloaded or tried it.. i'm more into 3d MMO's

11. iudicy

iudicy Unregistered/Unconfirmed

I didn't really like PoE, something felt a bit off when i tried it or maybe i just didn't give it a real chance.
    But i've just started playing D3 again. Had my character boosted up by a friend and he also helped me to some starter gear :D fun times.