1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open up a Starcraft 2 Section in KG ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shifusansou, Nov 24, 2013.

?

Do you play/own Starcraft 2?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buying it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Shifusansou

Shifusansou Veteran Member

Hey guys,

I want to open up a Starcraft 2 Section in the Clan. I would like to know if there are enough people who would actually play the Game and if there are people who would manage the section in a dedicated way. I think it would be a great oppurtunity to give KG the chance to grow even more. How many people actually play the Game in the Clan or would play it? Please vote in the Poll and also write a short statement in the Clan. It's important to me so please take your time to comment what you're actually thinking about it, also you can mention if you would feel ready to manage the section beside myself :)

2. Key

Key Veteran Member

Look, Its a very nice game.. I admit that... But it's more of a solo game...

I have the game.. and i played some of it... I learned some tactics and was actually doing fine in 1v1. BUT... as i said.. It's more fun 1v1....

The X v X games are always stupid... The first "Team" that actually focus on 1 guy its already a 3v4... So it's more like.. Quick rush and kill and not really tactical anymore

Your whole team get 5-10 early guys and go to 1 spawnpoint of the enemy team.. Set ur stuff on auto attack and in the meanwhile build up an army for the second guy... That way you win EVERY TIME... 1 of your team focus on the gatheres, the others focus on the rest of the buildings/troops. Job well done....

3. Dankuez

Dankuez Banned

Yeah , i completely agree with key ... Its a great game ... For solo playing.

4. Shifusansou

Well there is still the possibility of creating Inter Clan 1v1 Tournaments , playing some Arcade Games together and also playing 3v3 with certain rules with Clanmates :)
    I love playing Arcade Games for example. Absolutely addicted to Desert Strike

5. Xi41

Xi41 Veteran Member

I own it and I've played it, but I'm not interested in becoming competitive. Goodluck though :)

6. Sam

Sam Veteran Member

i agree with most people here, great game, not really clan material, can be fun playing with some clan mates but not with making a section for it

7. jeppie1

jeppie1 Veteran Member

I think a sc2 division would be great for people that try to actually improve their game. I get bored easy when playing solo and you can only learn to a certain extent by just playing by yourself. Playing 1v1's with observers could be alot of fun while the obs coaches you during and after the game. I can identify when someone makes a mistake but I probably won't identify it in my own game. I'm all for it.

8. Tech 2

Tech 2 Unregistered/Unconfirmed

I don't have the game but reading the comments here it seems that it's not really a game you can actively recruit for.
    It would just be a few friends playing together or atleast talk about it together?

9. Mr Bendiix

Mr Bendiix Veteran Member

Thats how the game is, Its build around 1on1 but you can also play in teams/custom games, however i dont see this as a game we can recruit for as its mainly a solo game.

10. Strad

Strad Zie Legend

A no from me, i don't play sc2, but that's not a game we could make a section of. That's my opinion.

11. Blyth

Blyth Man of Many Blocks

I would have to echo the sentiments of the many. Competitive SC2 revolves around 1v1, have seen competitive team play but always as a joke category due to the bs imbalance it causes.

I don't feel that SC2 is something we could actively recruit for.

A section in other games perhaps if existing members would like to play it together (much like minecraft started) and we can see how that goes?

12. Shifusansou

Well i guess thats about enough feedback so far. It was a suggestion from my side to help the Clan grow. It is based around 1v1 but there are many possbilities to organize group events which actually are quite enjoyable by the mass. Nevermind :) Thank you guys for your feedback anyways !

13. Monohybridus

Monohybridus Veteran Member

it can be an solo game, you can make events/tourneys to 1v1 eachother, you can even go up to 5v5 teams. so its pretty fun to be fair.

14. Shifusansou

At least Kauto wants to be my friend , I guess we might just create a list to add each other on Battle.net. So we can play with one another if we want to :)

15. Dead Serious

Dead Serious Graphic Designer Extraordinaire

Im gonna say we give it a chance, it has potential and testing it within the clan will do no harm, like league it's about tactics ofc it's more solo then league but for the team side I think it would be a good game to try.

16. Sam

Sam Veteran Member

its not the kind of game you can recruit for dead, so i personally dont think it could take off as a section

17. Dead Serious

Dead Serious Graphic Designer Extraordinaire

True but then again when Shorty first tryed to open LoL to the clan it did not work because we only tryed to make teams etc, the second time around he made it more social and BOOM! look what happend I could see that with this game maybe not on the same scale but if we aimed it at the people who just wanna play for fun or make new friends within the SC2 commuity It may be more appealing, as for recruiting that would have to be looked at in more depth.

18. Mr Bendiix

Mr Bendiix Veteran Member

LoL is an 3v3 or 5v5 game while SC2 is not, atleast not the main competitive scene,
    Its like hearthstone, its a 1 on 1 game, you play for fun, yet you cant recruit for it as why would you join a community to play a solo game?

Playing game like that within the community is fine but as said many times already, you cant recruit for it, i can only see SC2 hit the "other games" forum if even that.