1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Headset recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shane, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Shane

Shane Veteran Member

I think my Plantronics gamecom right speaker is on its way out so in need of a new headset!

What you chaps use and would recommend that doesn't break the bank?..cant be USB though as i use an Amp.

2. Goát

Goát Konvict Guest

3. Extremis

Extremis Banned

Honestly, my best recommendation is get a cheap headset and download Razer's free surround sound. Most expensive headsets are only expensive due to the fact they have surround sound.

It works great on my cheapo plantronics headset I got for £20 :)

Hope this helped

Much like the headset recommended by goat

4. Strad

Strad Zie Legend

Go for Creative Fatal1ty. Best headset i have ever used and there is a mini-jack plug version.

5. pEoN

pEoN Veteran Member

i don't know what value would break your bank :D.
    But this is the best headset i have ever owned.
    SteelSeries Siberia Full-size Headset v2
    i have the usb version but it is modeled off the award winning jack one found here http://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries...375279864&sr=8-1&keywords=headset+steelseries

6. Tech 2

Tech 2 Unregistered/Unconfirmed

i got an ASUS vulcan which i'm really happy about. It's lightweight and good fitting
    sound is ace aswell

7. Nycerran

Nycerran Konvict Guest

8. Autopops (Tosspot)

Autopops (Tosspot) Unregistered/Unconfirmed

do not get steel series siberia headsets.

9. Unbrickable

Unbrickable Unregistered/Unconfirmed

Creative Fatal1ty for budget! Im the headset nerd!

10. Chris

Chris Konvict Guest

To be honest you can pay a fortune for a head set but it wont make that much difference if you are using them just for gaming so I would buy these http://www.dabs.com/products/creative-hs-800-fatal1ty-pro-series-gaming-headset-4JCM.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc%20product%20search&utm_content=Q200&utm_campaign=Computing%20-%20PC%20Peripherals%20-%20Headsets%20and%20Headphones&origin=pla

If you are going to listen to music or you do listen to music and you have a set of great headphones then just by a cheap a mic for about three pound off ebay - Thats all I do

11. Tech 2

Tech 2 Unregistered/Unconfirmed

i had/have these aswell but they feem very heavy and you feel the pressure on your head
    would not recommend those for user experience..
    sound quality is badass though

12. Blitzdings

Blitzdings Konvict Guest

i'm totally happy with my medusa headsets. comfortable, cheap, good sound. have to admit the 5.1 (3,5mm plug version) has annoying background noise if you don't adjust your volume settings correctly.
    Bought it 2 years ago and it's still working w/o any issues.
    Bought 3 weeks ago a Medusa 7.1 (USB Version with integrated Soundcard) to test something and can also say it's great (and they got rid of that background noise)

5.1 was 50 Euro the 7.1 70 Euro..

just my 2c

13. Unbrickable

+1 forget all gaming headsets that are above 50 euro's or 40 pounds if your going for sound quality, unless you want to spend a fortune (like me).

14. Autopops (Tosspot)

Autopops (Tosspot) Unregistered/Unconfirmed

i had these for a while a couple of years ago, they hug your ears and are very soft

15. pEoN

pEoN Veteran Member

yes the sound is good and the pads are comfy but it is very easy to snap and the microphone bends and gets twisted / stops working.

But for the price tag it is a good buy as even if your first one does die you can buy another and still be + compared to buying other gaming headsets.
    I Would like to understand why u don;t recommend the steel series headsets.
    They are very popular among pros and amateurs alike?.

16. pEoN

pEoN Veteran Member

Aye i had these,
    Went to a multiplay iseries bought them and sold them on the second day.
    After playing for +5 hours they really hurt my ears/head.
    Sound quality is indeed awesome though

17. Unbrickable

If you want hurting ears the AKG GHS-1 is pretty good, it's on-ear so its the best when wearing glasses!
    Headset is great for music/video and gaming, very clean sounding a little heavy on bass (very good accuracy).
    -trololol

18. Unbrickable

Its up there with the best sounding HEADSETS... headphone's are a different story...

19. SamSync

SamSync Konvict Guest

Might be a bit late but I'm really happy with my Logitech G930 headset. They work well and the mic is really good which is something a lot of headsets lack.
    That one's a bit expensive but they do cheaper versions with the same type of mic.

I've had a bunch of different Steel Series headsets over the years and while they're good they're not amazing.

20. BRUCE

BRUCE Konvict Guest

Roccat kave, brought it last year at i47 as i couldn't hear a thing, best headset ive ever used for FPS gaming can hear everything. Ive been through alot :)