1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New GPU for DDR2

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by aLpinga, Jan 4, 2015.

1. aLpinga

aLpinga Member

Hey guys i decided to buy a new GPU till i get myself a new pc in 6 months or so.
    I have i5 2.5ghz proccesor with 4gb ram. The only thing i want to get is 80+fps in CS:GO ( in smokes )
    After that ill put the GPU to my new pc. I decided to buy a GTX 650. What are your thoughts with this. I want nvidia and i have 100 dollars

2. danh

danh Member

Hey aLpinga, are you sure you want to invest only 100 dollars? I mean, if you plan to play cs:go in a next period of time, it´s all ok, but if you want to play some upcoming games or even something from 2013/14 on hd, you will need to get something better. Up to 100 bucks tho, I can´t see GTX 650 as a bad idea at all, since AMD´s at the same price just get rekt by nvidia ones. Have a nice day :)

3. aLpinga

aLpinga Member

Thank you and yes im going to play CS:GO. I have 2 pcs in house one is for my brother ,the older one. Its a total monster i7 4770 , 16gb ram gtx 770 and stuff but i need to get myself a pc to only play CS:GO since we cant play cs go together. I want to get 80-120 fps. I mean like in mutliple smokes i get 40 in my laptop but 120 at normal. The other upcoming games ill play with that

4. danh

danh Member

Yeah sure I understand that. Actually, I play with cca. 130fps at all the time, in smokes maybe 90 just with my laptop, and that is i7, gt 635M (so way weaker than GTX650) and 8GB ram. My friend own GTX560 and he has around 100fps too. :) You should do very good with 650 one.

5. aLpinga

aLpinga Member

Thank you handsome Kappa GreyFace

6. danh

danh Member

Kappa GreyCafé

7. aLpinga

aLpinga Member

Btw what res you play on

8. danh

danh Member

I play on highest possible for my laptop which is fullscreen 1366*768.

9. aLpinga

aLpinga Member

Decided to buy GTX 650Ti , ordered one :D

10. zhaaRR

zhaaRR Veteran Member

The GTX 560 is way better in my opinion but have fun with it ! :D

11. Ravey

Ravey Here to Help :)

Damn I wasn't quick enough. This link is the best place to figure the best hardware for your budget:
    http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/

The 600 series of cards were pretty much dudds and were constantly being out paced by the thier predecessors. Namely the special edition GTX 560 Ti.

For $160 you can get either GTX 750 Ti or a Radeon R7 265. That should be enough to run CS:GO at a high FPS. If it isn't then I would consider increasing the amount of Ram you have. (For DDR2 I think that is 16GB) that will help you squeeze a little more juice from your processor.

12. aLpinga

aLpinga Member

No you weren't late , im gonna get one tomorrow :D