1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some hardware help/advice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by V1rU5, Dec 3, 2013.

1. V1rU5

V1rU5 Banned

Hi guys,

I don't know if there's any hardware guru's in this clan but as it is soo damn big I'd give it a shot.
    I need help with getting a new graphics card, I currently have the MSI Gtx 560 ti and I'm quite fond of it.
    But I'm hungry for even more fps!
    I've laid eyes upon a MSI N760 TF 4GD5/OC, and I wanted to know a few things before I buy it.

First of all: Will it be compatible with my motherboard? (It should be, right? Oh and I have the ASUS P8H77-V LE)
    Secondly: Can I still use my Gtx 560 for my second screen and my new card for my main screen?

Thanks in advance,
    ~V1rU5

2. Shane

Shane Veteran Member

Yes it will be compatible as your board has PCIe 3.0 so wont be slowed down either,If i was you i sell the 560,There really wouldn't be any need to have it with a 760 and you can plug your second monitor into the 760 too.

What power supply do you have?

3. Tech 2

Tech 2 Unregistered/Unconfirmed

the only reason i see people using different cards is to run PhysX on the slower card lifting some load of your primairy card.
    Quite sure that BF4 uses PhysX

4. V1rU5

V1rU5 Banned

I've got a 700 Watt power supply if I'm correct

5. Shane

Shane Veteran Member

In some cases,As ive experienced in the past..actually adding a "Slower" card as dedicated Physx alongside a higher end card actually lowers performance in some games,I think he would be best just sticking with the 760 dedicated,as his second Pcie slot is only 4x so that will slow down the 560 anyway.

Im sure BF4 uses Havok physics,Not Physx.

What power supply is it/Brand.

6. V1rU5

V1rU5 Banned

Ummm I don't now :x

7. Exterma

Exterma Veteran Member

Running a gpu especially a 560 or 760 in a 8x pcie 2 slot is never going to limit it.