1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moderator Application Errors

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by KG Trouble, Feb 9, 2015.

1. KG Trouble

KG Trouble Veteran Member

Hi,

The moderator application process is flawed, terribly flawed at the moment. I've had multiple applicants who had to make an application numerous times before it actually went through. One of my wishful applicants has done their application 8 times now over the past three days with it yet to submit. They are getting frustrated at this point and are thinking of not attempting it another time. This is bad for me in the Smite Division.

Any advice as to why this process isn't working correctly? Any ideas how to fix it? How long is it going to take to fix it?

Thanks you great KG Techies.....

KG Trouble

2. Tech 4

Tech 4 Banned

I most likely know the reason.

We are currently under cloudflare ddos protection. So they are taking longer than 5min to type in their application. What they need to do is.. open an app... type their answers into a word doc... when they have everything they want written... refresh the page... then copy/paste in the answers and send. If they get a white screen when sending in...tell them to go back (usually 1-2 clicks) and just hit send again (if theyre using firefox/chrome).

There is no "fix" for this as our page has to stay under ddos protection. But i had this issue on old homepage and cloudflare was the problem. So tell them to give it a try :)

3. Innocent

Innocent Veteran Member

I noticed this with a couple of things, 1 time during updating of the PUG monitoring page (11.000 characters and counting) didn't know what to do so had to start over again, that stuff is depressing.
    But indeed if you get that cloudflare stuff during submitting it's not gonna go through, hit back and press submit again after it verified you and it goes through :)

4. Tech 4

Tech 4 Banned

Yeah i had members asking me if their applications gone through..even when applying normally to kg not just mod apps..it sucks...one of my guys had to fill in same app 5 times before we figured why it wouldnt go through

5. KG Trouble

KG Trouble Veteran Member

Thanks guys.

Eresea, Keep up the good work with HoTs. You guys are growing like a beanstalk that Jack planted. Also, i'm liking that new signature of yours. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you. Except the male version of course lol.

6. Tech 4

Tech 4 Banned

awww that would be an honour Trouble! <3 You're doing great in your section too hun! If you need anything or any help please don't hesistate to contact me :) you know where to reach me ^_^ <3 And hope my reply solved your mod app problem!

7. BradlyKG

BradlyKG Veteran Member

That happened to me when I applied for floater. Just hit the back button two times and it will bring you to the app with your info filled in already, then hit submit.

EDIT: Probably should have read the entire post since you said basically the same thing, however, I didn't have to write in a word doc or anything, I just hit back twice and my info was still there.

8. Tech 4

Tech 4 Banned

The reason why i said write it in a word doc cause if they hit anything else or type in konvictgaming.com like a lot of ppl do...their app is not there and they have to rewrite it. This happened to several ppl i know..so to be on the safe side its better to copy the answers..jic..

And yes you need to read whole post :p

9. ISY

ISY Banned

I've increased the Cloudflare timeout to 45 Minutes, app shouldn't take longer than that...If it still happens, i'll investigate into other possible reasons for it to be happening

10. Tech 4

Tech 4 Banned

Cool thank you isy. :) lol should deffo not take 45min to write an app.. -.-