1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mechwarrior Online

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Xi41, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Xi41

Xi41 Veteran Member

Heya

I'm currently playing mwo again and wondered if anyone wants to join me? It would be cool if we could get at least four people together so that we can play as a lance (group of four).

It is a free to play game that is currently in beta and involves huge ass stomping mechs. It has similarities to cs in the fact that when you die you're dead - this entices strategy whilst playing.

Here is some footage to entice you ;)

Clan play from ACES

[video=youtube;Rie0a-108ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rie0a-108ac&feature=c4-overview&list=UUvLG3qsfnAc9c4nh8kmcGew[/video]

Stream from Total Biscuit with a Dev and two other streamers. This video shows off the mechlab, loadouts, customization and gameplay.

[video=youtube;r4L2itnI414]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4L2itnI414[/video]

2. Xi41

Xi41 Veteran Member

Still looking for more people to join me in big stompy mechs

3. DennisTheDude

DennisTheDude Konvict Guest

4. Cyan

Cyan Konvict Guest

I'll play, haven't tried it before, looks good though.

5. Xi41

Xi41 Veteran Member

k, need to let me know when you guys want to get together, maybe organise a date where I show you the ropes etc?

6. Sam

Sam Veteran Member

i played this for like 5 mins, but couldnt get into it, might be interesting now though i played way back in early beta or alpha

7. DennisTheDude

I'll be playing MWO most of the time now and will mostly be in other games ch 3, if you guys are up for it.

8. Sam

Sam Veteran Member

i will come down at some point, someone needs to teach me what to do properly and what all the weapons do :p

9. Haccu

Haccu Unregistered/Unconfirmed

I'd give it a try, definitely looks like fun. But is it a Pay-to-win game again? I really dislike games like Cabal and 4story :/

10. Sam

Sam Veteran Member

from what i see, the only mechs that can only be bought with real money are just ones with cool paint jobs, there not better than the ones that can be purchased with in game cash

11. Yagami

Yagami Veteran Member

Tried it like sam, it is not a game for idiots like me, you need to put tim to get it working and frankly i can not afford that, so I stik to Hawken for the time being, same thing giant as mechs but Hawken is more instant and fast action that MWO, and you unlock the mechs just by leveling up ^.^
    Still think MWO is a cool game but again needs someone whe os not playing league of legends and 100 other games at the same time XD

12. DennisTheDude

You have the ability to buy what's called "Hero mechs" Which are mechs with unique patterns and an slight xp boost, they also have unique configurations for their specific models. This game is not what i'd call a typical pay2win rather team2win ;)

13. Haccu

Haccu Unregistered/Unconfirmed

Whelp, you have my interest. Downloading it today, but I'm having to do it in stages due to Skype calls I have to make, probably give it a try either today or tomorrow ;) anyone here taht can show me the ropes?^^