1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to move abroad, where to ? Norway/Sweden

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MrMuffin, Sep 11, 2014.

1. MrMuffin

MrMuffin Veteran Member

Hello guys, my name is Krystian, I'm from Poland and I turn 19 in December. I'm going to complete my school in May. I always wanted to live abroad just becouse of my whim with other cultures ( i want to see the world tho ). But it looks like i'm forced to move becouse of money. It would be also much easier to work there so i can easily help my mom with the money and just in general - u can't really survive in Poland . So with that being said I'm wondering where should i aim to, i hope you can help me to decide. I consider Norway or Sweden, eventually Netherlands.
    I used to work as a waiter and bartender ( couldn't really grind making drinks ), physical jobs, and in the end of the school i'm going to pass IT exam.
    I have to say that i'm in love with Sweden, all Sweds that i've met are awesome guys, i played a lot LoL with Swedish guys from Goteborg. The point is that if it comes to finding a job Norway > Sweden as i heard.
    So if there are any people with big life experience, Sweds/Norwegians - please help me out !
    I know it's not cheap to live in there, i need to get some cash in Poland so i can survive early on.
    I hope u can talk to me guys, cheers KG :confused:

Vikings <3

2. Pizza Dog

Pizza Dog Pokemon Poster

Sweden is rather expensive, and it can be hard to find a decent job unless your grades are good and you studied the right subject in school.

3. MrMuffin

MrMuffin Veteran Member

Thank you Alpha Kitten for talking to me :)
    My mentality about school is just to finish this shit, they teach you nothing usefull. So my grades are 2/3, it's technical school what i'm dissapointed about becouse IT level there is so poor, becouse of that i lost my enthusiasm with IT. I'm looking for something i can commit to, I want to check 3D modeling soon. If it's about studies - everyone goes to studies and get that paper and then they get no job - that's how it works in Poland. Also 80% of the specilizations are worth nothing due to school being public and for free in general. What really matters is skill in your hands - that's what i think. And i want to be good at something but i didn't find the thing for myself yet. In future i plan to go to part time studies.

4. kyusaki

kyusaki Member

Norway can have you get some heavy cash flow, meanwhile in sweden you could... get a education... though.. many many many of the IT schools suck real hard, most of them aren't up to date... >_>.

5. MrMuffin

MrMuffin Veteran Member

That's the same problem in Poland too. You know, i think that if we are talking about IT you don't have to get education but study on your own. I wish to live rich, with decent even physical job and have time relax and study on my own next to the very expensive pc haha.
    Why the population of scandinavian countries is that small ? What do you think about Goteborg? Stockholm is the best city to live in i guess, what other cities are decent ? Can you tell me something about Norway ? Most of the incomers works with em fishes i guess .

6. kyusaki

kyusaki Member

Göteborg has the nicest people and that is a fact, you got a ton of pubs and nightclubs all over the place and it's a rather rich city i guess.

7. KG Chaos

KG Chaos Veteran Member

the netherlands is a good country to study in....but when it comes to living/working here...its kinda mehh....sht is getting more expensive especially in these days....

8. Strad

Strad Zie Legend

Stay in Poland. Tusk's gone, so it will be ok.

9. Wonderbear

Wonderbear Veteran Member

Hi mate, im swedish and i live in stockholm, housing in the middle of stockholm is rather impossible to find unless you are stacked, but in the outskirts of it, it is possible to find places to live. We have a very good infrastructure here and you can travel very far very effective with busses/trains etcs, so a lot of people who work in stockholm lives out side of the tulls. There is a million jobs to get in the restaurant and hotel business, spoken from someone who have had a lot of experience in that. Though the market can be a bit less if you don't speak Swedish. Since you are from the eu immigration wont be a problem, so if you learn the language fast and are willing to either work or educate yourself there is a very bright future here since its pretty much free to study here if your from an union country. Its all about how much effort you are willing to put in, a lot of successful people didn't attend the nicest uni to become what they are, they simply worked hard. Finding job without any kind of experience or education though is hard but not impossible. Best of luck mate

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Btw, norway is not a part of the eu, so you will need to get visas and work visas to stay and live an work there, that is not an easy process, and if you don't already have job there or running from something its almost impossible.

10. MrMuffin

MrMuffin Veteran Member

Wonderbear what are the prices of living around stockholm ?
    Thank you man but you know nothing about Norway as i see :p Open Borders exists due to Schengen Agreement, not European Union.