1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I found this funny

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Spikey, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Spikey

Spikey Konvict Guest

So I received an email from another Minecraft hosting company today, threatening to sue my business Panda Hosting because we ruined their "reputation". The email came from paynplayhosting.co.uk.

My business associate pointed out on a Minecraft forum that they were using an illegal version of WHMSC on their website, but it was actually a legit copy because their business registered WHMSC under "Paynplayhosting.com" not "Playnplayhosting.co.uk".

So on the 24th December @ 20:21, I was laughing my backside off at this email. and it read as follows:

So me being me, I checked this out on the internet and did a lot of searching. These guy are not even registered as a company.

I know my laws, but these guys just made the stupidest mistake they can ever imagine.
    First off, they have not been around for that long so its quite possible that they hardly have any money to afford a court case.
    Second, when someone is suing, they do not contact the other company directly, their lawyer does (or at least I think that is correct).
    Thirdly, they need a reputation to begin with in order to complain.

I find this humiliating and insulting if I am honest, but mostly, I find it funny how a bunch of kids on the internet think they can scare me.

I have replied back to them highlighting that in order to proceed with suing another company, they must first be registered as a company. I have checked on the internet for all company records, but they are not even registered. I even asked them politely for their registration or VAT number and they refused to give me it.

Some people must think that this sort of thing is a big joke just to go and scare people. The internet can do crazy stuff to some people.

So just thought I would share this story with you guys to laugh along with me as I think it is absolutely funny.
    Obviously will not be if I do end up with a letter in the door with a court order lol, but I have full confidence that this will not happen :).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

2. Tech 2

Tech 2 Unregistered/Unconfirmed

Lol amusing if I'm correct i have to agree with you since gazum "offended" the company and not a person directly. If they aren't registered they technically don't exist. As for the lawyer part : pritty sure you can actually defend yourself but why would you if you really think you have a case. In Belgium it is so that the losing party pays for court costs including both layers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

3. Yagami

Yagami Veteran Member

Wow wait did they dare mess with Ryusaki? aka "L", isn't that about a B, the only one who can mess with ya and win is Me and me along for i am Justice!

on a side not i think it is a publicity stunt to get more attention to them because as far as i can see that's is just dumb what.

4. Spikey

Spikey Konvict Guest

You are probably right Yagami, its more of the case a bunch of kids who have no idea about law and businesses and how to get them rolling. We did not ruin their reputation, we simply pointed out that their WHMCS was not regit. In what way does that ruin one's reputation. If they did somehow take this to court, the judges and lawyers would all just laugh at this and say "No!".

5. Roscoe

Roscoe Veteran Member

I worked in a solicitors for 6 months and studied it for longer Spike, from my knowledge they're just having you on. If it does progress any further I still have some friends at my old work I can bell for ya.

6. Shield1739

Shield1739 U can call me Daddy