1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High ping on CS:GO

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ario, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Ario

Ario Veteran Member

I am having some really big issues with my CS:GO ping. It averages from 100-200 and it's laging hard. So I cleaned my PC from any harmful apps or anything. Didn't help. Restarted my router, also didn't work. Took a speedtest :
    [​IMG]
    The MS is really low, so I have no idea what's wrong.

Any suggestions?

2. Sean

Sean Banned

Have you tried any other games? Sometimes fishy things happen with your CSGO files that coudl cause this. I would just like to know if its for ALL games or just CSGO.

If it's just CSGO, I'd recommend uninstalling CSGO and re-downloading it. Make sure you save your crosshair settings before though!

3. Ario

Ario Veteran Member

My ping on Garrys mod is 77. I'll try reinstalling CS.

4. Ario

Ario Veteran Member

Nope, didn't do diddly squat.

5. V1rU5

V1rU5 Banned

Might just be the location of the servers you're playing on, the Gmod server might be located closer to you than the CS:GO servers you're playing on. Then again your internet connection might be an accomplice of the distance, for instance I'm getting ~70 ping when connected to servers from russia and ~110 ping from american servers. While lets say a friend of mine with a worse connection gets ~110 ping from russian servers and ~200 ping from american servers.

I'd say try connecting to Gmod servers (Or try out another game) which are hosted in the same country as the CS:GO servers (I believe it is Denmark?) and see if your ping is the same as the CS:GO servers. If it is, the problem has something to do with your connection and not with the game.

6. Sean

Sean Banned

Thats pretty low upload man. I have about double that and mine is shit. Maybe CSGO uses more upload speed to play?

7. Ario

Ario Veteran Member

I'll have a chit chat with my provider.

8. Goksman

Goksman Veteran Member

not related but my ping was between 80-100, now is a steady 30-40 makes such a big difference.

9. Ario

Ario Veteran Member

I know right? I can't even shoot :/

10. Goksman

Goksman Veteran Member

its an upload issue, your download speed is 3x mine. I would contact your provider, either that or some other device/ program is draining your upload

11. OBESE

OBESE Member

The question should be - did you just started to play csgo and this issue was from the beginning or there were times when everything was fine. If everything was fine before then did something changed e.g(internet provider, internet speed, new router). I had a huge ping issue like 2 days ago, I had ping around 350 but it was something to do with my provider as in the morning of the next day everything was back to normal but if it's not for you then you definitely should talk with your provider and find out maybe they are having some issue with their servers or cables as sometimes they don't see some specific errors till they check for it, talking from experience as once had to call my provider and only after my call and the check they found out that the cable box that connected my borough with the central has some errors that made my internet really slow.

12. Boston Broiler

Post your netgraph your rates might also be off.

13. Ario

Ario Veteran Member

My ping is back to normal. It's playable but the problem is it still lags a bit.

14. Boston Broiler