1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Subform

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OMNI, Jun 29, 2014.

1. OMNI

OMNI Veteran Member

Someone suggested me to just make a thread called "Matthew's Workshop" But to look nicer and such, could a subforum be made, purely for graphics that will only be where designers post their work on one thread, rather than making several in the twitch and youtube section.
    Plus this allows members of kG to get some kickass wallpapers i'll be working on soon.

2. Ario

Ario Veteran Member

+1 I hate it when I have to put graphics in general chat. I saw this on other forums and it worked out.

3. KG Chaos

KG Chaos Veteran Member

This is obv something for the higher ups to decide but I think it sure would be nice to have an gfx section on our forums ^^

4. DJMarcore

DJMarcore Veteran Member

5. Reamer

Reamer Clan Leader

We have the Twitch / youtube / media section. Would it not be ok in there?

Clicky

6. OMNI

OMNI Veteran Member

No because its mainly for Twitch and Youtube, so far I've been doing a little logo, banner and desktop work. Plus most of whats posted in the Twitch and youtube is members channels, not graphic media which if reading, I wouldn't click on in the first place since its not related to gfx.

7. Reamer

Reamer Clan Leader

The issue for me is that this hasn't been requested before, that for me shows it isn't a necessity.

I think we should make use of the section I linked. If it picks up then there is no reason why we can't create a sub forum for it then and move all gfx related threads into it.

8. OMNI

OMNI Veteran Member

Thats the reason its being requested now, not meaning to troll but you're bashing a suggestion with a justification that he hasn't been requested before... kinda contradicting the reason for the "suggestion" subforum haha

And the Main reason is because then a forum moderator has to go through everyones post, select only those that are portfolios and not youtube/twitch/broadcast related and move them. I worked for WOGL and CGL before and did forum work and trust me, its a hassle to move threads when you have to find them with 100 others surrounding them.

9. Reamer

Reamer Clan Leader

I'm not bashing your suggestion. The numbers are just not there to make it viable.

If we created a new sub-forum for every single member that requested one then it would be a huge cluster fuck of hardly used forums.

IF the time comes when more people require it, then we may consider it. If it happens I will gladly move the threads for you

Until then we have a media section, feel free to use it.

10. ISY

ISY Banned

Personally I'd love that section, I get a lot of graphics requests per day, would be nice to have a thread in a proper section so it's easily found and displayed rather than all over the place

Also nice to post up showcases of new work, would generally be a really good sub forum In my opinion

+1 from a fellow artist :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s

11. DaNbOi

DaNbOi Member

+1 Be easier to get new graphics and even request some designs to be made, whether it be wallpapers, in game designs or general sigs/avatars

12. Reamer

Reamer Clan Leader

Will try and get something organised when I get on teamspeak in a bit.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

13. Reamer

Reamer Clan Leader

You have your Graphics section.

Enjoy!

14. Ario

Ario Veteran Member

Love you!

15. Daryl

Daryl Banned

I would like to see a section, makes perfect sense, not like we're running out of room anyway, if it's never used we can always take it down!

16. Dead Serious

Dead Serious Graphic Designer Extraordinaire

17. Shorty

Shorty Grand Wizard

Will move the graphics related threads in there tomoz! Ok guys lets see some awesome work!