1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Infestation questions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scenarioL113, Sep 13, 2013.

1. scenarioL113

scenarioL113 Veteran Member

I am trying to get up to speed on Infestation. I had preordered the game b4 it came out and played for a few weeks. Due to the cheating and hacking I stopped playing.

I am getting back into the game but dont know all of the nomenclature.

What is farming?

PVP? person versus player?

What server can I meet up with other players to play together?

I know some of these questions are elementary but I want to learn and when I play alone I seem to die very quickly.

When on the private server is it OK to loot a town as long as other players are not near it?

I saw lockers on the server, what are those for? How do you get one? GC?

Can I follow other players just to watch and learn techniques?

I am trying, I just suck!

Anyway

Thank you.

Frank
    scenarioL113
    aka FREAK113

2. deipoo

deipoo Veteran Member

old ISS player

Okay Frank I´ll try to answer some of your questions.

What is farming? It is the activity of looting basically done in a repetetive and periodic fashion, you go through a place loot everything drop stuff you don`t want outside, and do circles like that let`s say in a city or military base.

PVP? Yes pvp means player versus player as opposed to PVE which is player versus environment/enemy.

What servers? I would assume KG official servers, and/or hop on teamspeak, and see where everyone is.

Private servers? Yes it is okay to loot a town/area, when you are not interrupting anyone looting there already, that`s why you must be on TS when in-game, so there won`t be any confusion or misunderstandings.

Lockers? You can buy them in the Marketplace for x amount of GC (can`t remember exact amount at the moment), and you can put them down whereever you want to, set a combination to them , and store your items there.

And yes by watching people stream ISS and videos on youtube you can learn a lot about playing/surviving ISS aswell as how to do well in PVP, but the best way to get better is practice,practice,practice. The more you play the better you get, as simple as that.

Yours truly,

deipoo

3. KuKi

KuKi Veteran Member

If you see me online on ts saturday on any ts group, poke me and ill play a few hours with you :) ill show you the ropes and everything you need to ask will be awnsered :D