1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fps

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TheNumbers, Mar 14, 2014.

1. TheNumbers

TheNumbers Can you count Suckas!

Hey there, can anyone give me advice how to get better/high stable FPS?
    I have a gtx 650, amd phenomn 1055T 2.8 ghz, 8 gb ram, 600w power supply and a msi motherboard.
    Currently im getting around 40 fps stable in game but I know it could go higher I just dont know how to get it higher, so could anyone help would be most grateful.

Numbers

2. KuKi

KuKi Veteran Member

When I get online today, ill poke u in TS if ur there and ill help u with what I can

3. Cyid

Cyid Veteran Member

The easiest way I find is to close anything you aren't using. that includes Steam, skype, internet browser (google chrome loves to suck the hell out of your RAM.) Now for a little bit of techy stuff, everything you're running in the background is using up your RAM so closing it off will either speed up the FPS or just make everything a lot smoother.

Another thing you can do is run your computer in Basic Mode. Assuming you have Windows 7 you can find the option to change this under the right click menu anywhere on your desktop and selecting personalize. You get all of your options for background scroll down to the bottom and you get the basic and high contrast themes. On other windows operating systems its a bit different but you're looking for desktop themes in most cases. If you are running a different operating system then I can't help you much on where certain options would be.

Just to show how much things change when you do these steps:

http://imgur.com/He3OlWd This is my RAM usage whilst everything that would normally be up is running.

I closed everything down apart from my League log in screen and the usage dropped to this: http://imgur.com/xiHIByU

These numbers may seem rather high but I'm currently running 2 monitors so that would be knocking my RAM usage up a bit as well so if you are running 2 monitors then that can be slowing down your FPS as well.

Just for comparison reasons I will add my specs as well:

16GB RAM
    8 core 3.5 GHZ processor
    GTX 770 2GB
    600W power supply

Although I'm running normally at about 90 - 110 FPS when I don't close things down I can drop to about 60 - 70 sometimes which is obvisouly still good but it just shows how much of a difference it can make. Hope this helps at all in any way! :)

Edit: I'm not sure on how well this works but people say that using the Razer Game Booster increases your FPS as well so that might be worth giving a try.

4. Tech 2

Tech 2 Unregistered/Unconfirmed

Game booster closes more unwanted programs that you normally can't close i think

also... i find your powersupply on the low end Cyidoniac :p i hope it doesn't burn out over time (the older a PSU gets the less Watt i can provide

5. Boston Broiler

What game are you getting those frames on?

Thats a small power supply, you could over clock slightly if you have adequate cooling, run a benchmark and post the results such as Heaven DX11

As a comparison I have;

660Ti - 4GB Ram
    Intel i5-3570K
    8gb Ram - Corsair vengeance

On CSGO I get 300 frames constantly on max settings
    BF4 max settings idle I get around 80-90, while under stress 65-75

Which could then cause damage to the GPU/Processor if its not providing the correct amount of power.

6. rada

rada Veteran Member

ima give u the simplest easiest way to improve ur fps without going through any effort whatsoever.

go to ur run bar and type. sysdm.cpl

this will open a box. click the advanced tab.

then theres a section in the box that says performance. click settings.

then click adapt for best performance.

basicly it turns of all the fancy windows visuals that eat alot of resources.
    if ur struggling with fps this will most likely have a gd impact on ur fps.

also i translated this from a norwegian windows system so be aware that i might not have translated perfectly :p
    but shudnt be a problem.

7. Tech 2

Tech 2 Unregistered/Unconfirmed

done that and WOW that's awkward stuff :p i'm gonna see if it actually works for me :)