1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For your health!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Crysis, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Crysis

Crysis Veteran Member

Share everything related to what you did to improve your health :D

From the time i've spend on the ts server with people i've noticed that a lot of people seem interested or may even participate in things that improve their health!

Wether it be working out at home or going for a run/going to the gym, no longer smoking/drinking/eating (as much). There's lots of things that people do that i feel more should participate in. Now i know that a lot of you don't have any interest towards "Trying" to become healthier and thats perfectly fine. However i feel that most of you that aren't interested... aren't interested because you might think its a super big challenge to do so! While from my past 3 months of experience i feel thats definately not true.

SO! Share your stories!
    Have you been working towards improving your health and how? Inspire others to shape up!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How about trying some sushi? Just like Dr. Steve brule here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV3-MWkX8Y

2. Venum

Venum Unregistered/Unconfirmed

Due to there being thousands of diets/workout plans and methods and opinions i really find discussions like this get out of hand, I have however spent over 20 years in martial arts and keeping fit is basically a lifestyle id be happy to help anybody if they wanted to send a pm.

But the best advice i ever learned about eating was, If its from a tin/airtight pack/sealed pack avoid - eat everything fresh.

3. Crysis

Crysis Veteran Member

I know everyone has their own things that works for them :) This is just for the people that don't know where to begin. A little tip might not be effective, but finding out multiple tiny things might come together to something thats actually helpfull :3.

4. Hector

Hector Technician + Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Next march will be my second year smoke free

5. Crysis

Crysis Veteran Member

Thats insane man :3 i know so many people who for some reason decide to just pick up smoking again after a while.. but 2 years is a milestone for sure! Just think of the money you've safed so far, the damage you've avoided :) keep it up

6. Hector

Hector Technician + Clan Leader
    Staff Member

I won the fight with smoking the first time I went out on the beer after quitting. I felt like an addict tho whole night, I was like 1 month smoke free and all I remember is during the night all I wanted to do we go out and light one up. I was at the bar and my hand was shaking, my feet were a tapping, I even sunk to going outside where other people were smoking and just breathing in the air. I then Had the thought in my head, I'm going to ask my mate for a ciggy, I walked up to him and then I suddenly thought, yo Chris, what's the point. What is the point of all this struggle you been through, all the time I spent on a e cig (before they were popular), trying to quit for 2 months. So I decided not to do it, and headed back inside, I still felt the need the crave during the night but I stuck to my guns. In the morning I was a new guy. I no longer wanted a cig, nor did I ever get any more cravings to this day. I be been out on countless nights out now and got shit faces and still I've never felt the urge to light up again. So guys you can do it. Like I have. If your planning to quit a little will power goes along way, and trust me, it pays off :)

7. KuKi

KuKi Veteran Member

exercise to the point of losing almost 20Kg (i was really fat) and i avoid any kind of alcohol and smoking cause its money i could spend elsewhere xP

8. Azarela

Azarela Master Apprentice of Potatoes
    Staff Member

Considering I was a competitive swimmer my lifestyle atm is horrid. Been meaning to work on it but other high somehow always get in the way. For me motivation was always the key to success but I don't seem to have much of that these days.

On the other hand if anyone who loves central London wants to go out for a jog then hit me up. I'm way too competitive to turn it down and it would motivate me ; p

9. Crysis

Crysis Veteran Member

20kg is a lot man, gj! :)

10. Azarela

Staff Member

Wow nice! Congrats Shift :) Keep up the good work!

11. Crysis

Crysis Veteran Member

Lets get that KG Group jog going haha xD

12. Azarela

Staff Member

I like that idea!!

13. KuKi

KuKi Veteran Member

although i dont do anything for 5months now QQ
    ill be back on the exercise train soon enough now that my back injury is gone