1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explaining tonight's events in Final Fantasy.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gwynevere Londo, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Gwynevere Londo

Gwynevere Londo Konvict Guest

As most of you know the free company lost a whole bunch of people tonight. All of them are hardcore raiders and they've been wanting to progress for several weeks. We did progress quite a bit the first week but the weeks after that have all consisted of gearing people up and helping them kill certain bosses. That's all fine but when it ends up happening every week without having room for any progress, people get fed up and leave. Hardcore members also prefer to help other hardcore members rather than socials which is fully understandable. Committing raid time to help socials shouldn't happen.

The trigger tonight was the groups set up for the following week. My own plan was to get a group similar to what we had the first week, with people who I know are committed and fully geared for to progress. I wanted to get the Free Company on par with all the other hardcore companies on the server and the world. A second group was designed to get up to what we were progressing on. Plans were changed however. Instead the main goal was to get 2 groups up to the progress fight which made a lot of people unhappy.

TLDR: The Free Company has been standing still in terms of progress for a really long time. Social and Hardcore parts are not defined enough. People have been unhappy for a long time and with no changes, they decided to leave.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My own reason for leaving is solely because of most of my close friends leaving. I still got a lot of friends in the clan and I definitely do not want to part on bad terms. The Clan was great for me and I made a lot of friends.

Nothing of this was made to harm the clan in any way. I'm really sad it all came to this. However a game should be played for the enjoyment. A game shouldn't be seen as work with nothing fun involved. If people like hardcore and only want hardcore, they should be able to do so.

Once again, thanks for the wonderful time. I still hope to see and play with a lot of you guys in both Final Fantasy and other games.

2. Semtex

Semtex Veteran Member

i like you gwyn

hardcore "only" guilds die

social/hardcore guilds survive

thats all im going to say m8 good luck to you in the future

3. trentjosh

trentjosh Konvict Guest

lol k :)