1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expand Into Dota 2 ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ShaneyHD, Jan 10, 2014.

1. ShaneyHD

ShaneyHD Veteran Member

Dota 2 seems like a good idea to add under league of legends :) alot of people from konvict gaming play alot of dota 2 so we could get a large fanbase from dota 2 forums to make our community bigger then it already is :)

2. MmmMushrooms

MmmMushrooms Unregistered/Unconfirmed

If the community gets bigger, we are gonna need another TS !!! XD

3. Rinzler

Rinzler Konvict Guest

Expanding is always good but its just making sure its not done to fast and causes an impact on current games and support systems.

4. Jonas

Jonas Veteran Member

/stop letting 15 yr olds in. - rules are rules.. mhm

5. Paz

Paz Clan Leader

who ?

6. Shorty

Shorty Grand Wizard

This is me posting the same thing from my ESO comment as it applies to every game. As with any game we can move into it. However it needs the correct management, dedication and the time for it to become successful especially if you plan to recruit pre-release or if its been released. If you can get a decent amount of people to help manage it and think you can represent the clan in a positive way within ESO, we can sit down at some point and discuss it further.

7. Yagami

Yagami Veteran Member

As the majority of the people i know IRL play Dota 2 i do find me self playing it from here top there and thus if people are making this a thing I will be glad to help and you know where to find me to discuss things further.

8. MmmMushrooms

MmmMushrooms Unregistered/Unconfirmed

We have to make a stand against all the LoL scrubs!!!!

9. Key

Key Veteran Member

Look... I dont wanna participate in the LoL vs Dota 2 thing... But personally i've been more a fan of LOL then Dota 2..

Seems like in Dota 2 the things i like in LoL does not exist.. Like using spells to deal damage or Effectively jungling doesn't exist in Dota 2 either... Aswell the constant release of new champions makes it alot more intresting...

As of now.. I'm sitting in the LoL chat rooms without any trace or any person contacting me for a LoL game... So basically how much i am on TS and inside the channels of LoL... There is apperently some sort of Grouping going on in these sections of KG.. Where others are very hard to get into...

I think this will be the same issue with Dota 2 and thus making it a not really suitable game within the community...

Those are just my personal opinions...

10. Yagami

Yagami Veteran Member

There is no such thing as grouping, and if you just expect people to randomly invite you out of the blue though it does happen, you have to make the effort to ask for games for people who are idle, you have to be present, same rule apply in real life you can not expect people to look your way if you hide in a corner.

Source:
    Life.

11. Key

Key Veteran Member

I;ve been entering channels inside the LoL community... and some of them *no names given* just actually said literally "Fuck off" When i asked them to play... I dont really care about it if they make such a big deal about it... Or if i ask them to play they look up my name and just say "Oh... ur not ranked, sorry man but we are only playing with gold+ people" Even tho i have like 800+ games played and about 400+ wins

I know how the LoL community is in general... And i seriously see this issue in LoL community inside KG aswell.

I dont think it would be a smart idea to aswell start a Dota 2 section because of both communities hating eachother.

12. ShaneyHD

ShaneyHD Veteran Member

i have to agree with yaga on that one you cant sit around and wait for people to ask you for a game jump in channels ask them if there busy playing or not and also with the kg lol chat ask in there or just invite them :)

oh and shorty ill see what i can do about gathering people to sort out then dota 2 section :)

13. Strad

Strad Zie Legend

You haven't read Key's reply, have you?

Anyway I'd vote for expanding to Dota 2, since it also has a huge player base and game is free to play.
    I you asked me i prefere dota over LoL millions of times. Can't really say why, after playing two games i just uninstalled the game and everything in Dota just seems to be clear to me. So ye, i'd like to have a Dota section in here.

14. deviltears

deviltears Veteran Member

I like Dota 2 way better then LoL dont ask why i just do

15. uncledave40

uncledave40 Veteran Member

I personally, do think there is some "grouping", and think this is perfectly natural. People will generally want to play with people they know and have played with before. However, there should never be an instance where someone is told to "f*** off" when asking for a game. This is a pretty serious breach of the Code of Conduct and will not be tolerated. If I hear of anyone acting like this to anyone, I suggest you find somewhere else to play League of Legends!

I constantly see people asking for games as well as advertising open spots in games within the KG LoL chat within the client and personally love playing with different people regardless of rank. It is a matter of being proactive.

16. Yagami

Yagami Veteran Member

Such behaviour is not tolerated in if you see such things report it immediately as we always say to us mods or officers, I will tolerate if they where playing a ranked team game and needed gold+ still if some one literally tells you to fuck off cuz you joined a league chan then this is a severe issue and breaks KG rules something that needs be dealt with not covered up.
    Sadly you gotta have a bit of patience as I noticed league is a attention grabber and if people are in a midst of a teamfight usually even I tend to be ignored when i talk, and that is why i always ask if people are in game before i speak, so if they are asking if they wanna play is not needed and is much better.

Don't let one person discourage you from joining and being social, sure league is one of those games that makes people into monsters but i can tell for a fact the majority are nice and decent beings and they are even better and more relaxed when not playing.

Heck invite me if i am available i will play with anyone anytime and any type of game. (If i don't accept I apologize but that just means i am either busy, playing another game or afk)

17. Rinzler

Rinzler Konvict Guest

I think the other mods have cover it well, in every game there will always be groups that get together and play more games together because they enjoy each others company and it can be difficult at times to break into these groups not because there unfriendly but because LoL is limited to 5 and the more active groups tend to be filled.. No player should every tell you to £"£$ off or even make you feel like your not welcome, these are issues the Mod team is in place to sort out. I think there are changes that need to be made and that people need to be a little more aware of others around them when I first came to KG I could be at times the only one talking in the KG LoL room and it made it difficult but dont give up.. keep chipping away and you might find that you get snowed under by game requests.

18. KepDeep

KepDeep Veteran Member

I would like to see this happen. DotA is the only game i have played for months now.

19. Cranberrybadger

Cranberrybadger Veteran Member

Played DOTA since the early days of the WC3 version, so yeah wouldn't mind a Dota 2 section.

20. Foggy

Foggy Veteran Member

I would like a dota 2 section please, played with Cranberry for years.

I am surprised we dont have a dota 2 channel or section in the community already considering how big the game is.