1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elder Scrolls Online Going B2P March 17th

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by grimsbane, Jan 22, 2015.

1. grimsbane

grimsbane Konvict Guest

Game Informer has recently published an article saying that the makers of Elder Scrolls Online from Zenimax, plan on dropping the subscription fee as of march 17th in preparation for the console release. That the game will at that point be known as Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. I was wondering what you guys think, I know its something i'll definitely make an investment into.

2. Wonderbear

Wonderbear Veteran Member

Got the game, the game is awesome. Not 15 euros a month awesome. So ill prolly return

3. Daryl

Daryl Banned

It's haard for a game like this to compete with a game like WoW. Hopefully the different pay platform helps the game considerably.

4. grimsbane

grimsbane Konvict Guest

yea hopefully it does help it, and to be honest I think it can create a larger player base than guild wars 2 did with the buy to play idea, don't get me wrong guild wars 2 is okay and may have a possible expansion coming soon. However that doesn't make for guild wars 2 failure to release the intended completed version on release.

5. Enrique

Enrique The Lost Cloud

I loved Skyrim, by far one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played.
    And knowing there was a Online version of it (a bit different tho) made me kind of happy, but the only game I feel mostly worth to pay every month for is WoW. Glad they do this change, hopefully I will buy it if I find a cheap version of it ^^

6. tkr

tkr Konvict Guest

i realy enjoyed skyrim...but sadly this isnt it for me. guess i have to wait untill the next TES game.

7. Serenity

Serenity Konvict Guest

It definitely wasn't worth being P2P on launch. I quit before the end of the first month. The story was very good, but it was missing the multiplayer part of MMO. It felt like playing Skyrim but with other random people getting in your way. I don't really know how much it's changed since then.

I might give it another go when it relaunches, but after hitting max level it got WAY too grindy for me (having to complete the other factions' storylines because of a stupid plot point). I chose my faction for a reason - I found the others boring. :p If there's something else to do other than that then I might try it again.

This was a long time coming and I hope Zenimax can bring their game back.