1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CS:GO Surf point calculation gripes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sluttershy, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Sluttershy

Sluttershy Konvict Guest

I'm an avid surfer from Opium Gaming, and while it was down while sourcemod was fucked, I found your surf servers. It's a decent server even though it gets Var spikes every now and then but the point calculation is, to put it bluntly, absolutely mental. I came on and surfed the map Surf_classics and broke the record on my first attempt and gained 36 points. To put this in perspective, i beat surf_mesa with a ranked ~60 time and got 60+ points. There seems to be no reward for being in the top 10 ranks. WR times and top10 times need to be much greater and scale to total # of map completions. As in on surf_classics, there were only 4 map completions so a WR doesn't mean a whole lot, however on a map like surf_mesa_mine, whose WR only awarded ~20 points has a hell of a lot more completions. As such, it should award a much greater point total. Point rewards for map completions need to be static based on tier and # of stages/linear. And finally, point rewards for maprank improves need to scale exponentially, getting higher the closer you get to top10, but otherwise need a severe reduction.

2. Sean

Sean Banned

Thanks Shutterfly for the post. I really think you should get a hold of our server developer, Clarkey as you could play a major role in the development of our surf servers.

We really appreciate having people bring some good points to our servers as we are still developing them.

Also click the "Apply to Konvict" tab at the top ;)

3. Clarkey

Clarkey Veteran Member

Hey man you there? Please feel free to add me and talk to me on my steam about this. I love it when people give me insightful feedback like this, we want the surf servers to be the best! http://steamcommunity.com/id/clarkeyplaysgames/

4. Sluttershy

Sluttershy Konvict Guest

Thanks for the heads up, I went ahead and added you. Hopefully we can get this server great :)