1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Copy and Paste Request

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Hector, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Hector

Hector Technician + Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Hello Wonderful Technicians

Hope you are all ok! Firstly a big thank you for all the work you have done so far. I must say, its starting to come together now, so big propbs to hells and gibs for the site, and a massive thank you for isy for spending countless hours sorting our problems out!

Onto the thread topic however.

I have a request for you to see if you can fix somthing i personally am starting to dislike, not sure if anyone else has noticed this, and that is when you copy and paste somthing on the forum, there is additional crap within the pasting for example if copy a post that semtex made wishing us all a happy xmas

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all our trials members mods mod leaders officers and leaders
    I wish yourselves and your families all the best

Love yas all

Sem - See more at: http://konvictgaming.com/f157/just-wanted-say-32164.html#sthash.Lfk8kbty.dpuf

what is that see more link that is added?

Another example, i find a cloudflare ip (in this example) from a users post by clickign the ip button so i can copy and paste into the admin cp to track down and i get this

141.101.99.112#sthash.06y9g87R.dpuf

Now my request is if you could kindly find this in the settings and disable please?

I copy and paste so much stuff on the site and what didnt bother me at first is now growing tiresome ><

I would appreciate if this could be looked into as it will make my work alot easier :D

Thanks guys ur the best.

#1 Hector, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  2. Lt Usher

Lt Usher Veteran Technician

Thanks. Should be fixed. Let me know. Be sure to refresh your cache a few times too.

I should also give a little explanation about what that is exactly too.

Even today, it is impossible to track accurately where and which links are being shared the most from third party websites on social media when it comes to copy and pasting. What people have done to get around this was add on a random anchor (or what people call hashtags today) to stick at the end of each specific url. By tracking this unique anchor, its possible to see exactly which link was shared the most and from exactly which page, so you can put more focus on developing that one page in particular.

That sthash is a randomly generated link appendage that ShareThis generates. I chose ShareThis because it does all this for free.

After a month or two on this site, I can see there isn't much focus on social media because its not really needed, there is a decent amount of traffic without it. so I suppose its not needed. But it can always be turned back on if you guys decide to be more socially aggressive like what a lot of companies started. I noticed 100~ new likes since I put the like box at the bottom of every page too so the potential for growth is there.
    You guys can triple this if you make it mandatory for guests to like the page before seeing the site.

3. Tech 4

Tech 4 Banned

I am sooooo happy if this is fixed, its been bugging the crap out of me lol...like you hector i copy/paste so much it gets annoying having to remove that link all the time xD <3 gibs ure a star lol