1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amd vs intel

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AliAlaa12, Jun 7, 2014.

1. AliAlaa12

AliAlaa12 Banned

what is the best cpu ?

2. Yagami

Yagami Veteran Member

Without a doubt Intel i5 and i7 are by far the best, but do not take amd lightly, while intel look for power and speed, amd have designed their CPUs and GPUs for gamers, and low budget, so if you know what you are doing and the nature of the games you are playing you may save a ton of money without loosing on performance or quality by getting Amd.
    In my own experience AMD has always had the best deals for me and the cheapest, when iwas on the inTel side and nVidia i was always struggling with the cpu being too expensive while not so powerful, and gpu being too slow for the price i am paying.
    Last cpu i had was an intel pentium D and upon replacing it intel cpus where super expensive whereas AMD cpus gave me the power i needed for even a cheaper price than the PD.
    Last graphics card i had was GTX 550Ti and it wasn't that impressive and had variable frame rates but when i replaced it with my current Radeon 6850 (yes i know it is super old and yes i am up to date with the hardware and what is trending it is what i do) it's performance on 1080p never ceases to amaze me even with the fact that i have a fairly old 2 core cpu that is bottle necking it hard.

If you plan on doing video editing, working with softs such as 3DMax, Autocad, sony vegas, adobe premiere... If you are planning on streaming video games on twitch and similar streaming platforms on a good quality, then I highly recommend you get yourself a current gen inTeL i7. Games nowadays uses up to 4 cores so your computer will have a large room to encode while streaming and you will not losse frame rate and or make your cpu overheat.
    If you plan on playing games mainly and have no futuristic projects about doing what i said earlier then for best performence get an i5, and for a low budget get and AMD Fx witch coasts allot less than an i5.

I for now love the busness model of AMD and how well thier hardware runs even for a hot counrt without AC like mine, but it is up to you and what you need to do.

3. jasondeleu

jasondeleu Konvict Guest

Desktop intel, server AMD ;)